1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thoughts on grad programs

1. Apr 23, 2008 #1
    So, I am finishing my undergrad (physics) this year and have several offers from graduate schools. What I am looking for is some insight as to what career appears to be better as far as job opportunities and pay.

I am equally split on which program I like more, so that has become a non-factor. All the schools are also very decent in their respective fields. So I need advice as far as these two programs:

Biomedical Engineering (imaging track) or Medical Physics (therapeutic track)!!!

Any and all opinions are welcome!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2008 #2

How hard would it be, if I chose biomedical engineering, got my PhD or MS, and decided to jump ship and go into a career in medical physics?
  4. Apr 23, 2008 #3

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I think you should pick whichever field interests you more. Are you more interested in patient care or the design and development of imaging equipment and technology?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?