Thoughts on perpetual motion.

• Thread starter mapper
  • Start date
If we can apply dualism in the square of energy (there really are two kinds of energy: the potential and the kinetic), then

[tex] H^{+}=E^2 [/tex] this is a general form of kinetic energy.

[tex]H^{-}= - E^2 [/tex] this is a general form of potential energy.

then the square root of the general potential energy is a pure imaginary number.

[tex] \sqrt{H^{-}} = Ei [/tex]

H+ and H- is possible if and only if the infinitesimal forces and metrics are orthogonal.

If kinetic and potential energy are absolutely dual then

[tex] E_K E_P= E_K - E_P [/tex]

And the RHS expression can be defined as a Lagrangian.

Last edited:
But if we insist on solving E then Ek=E and EP=Ei give

[tex] EEi=E-Ei [/tex]

there are two solutions (-1+i) and (-1-i), which show that energy is a complex number.

Written in exponentials, the solutions are

[tex] E= \sqrt{2} e^{i\theta} [/tex]

[tex] E= \sqrt{2} e^{-i\theta} [/tex]

where the phase angle is 45 degrees.

Last edited:
I am sorry, Antonio, but I really cannot follow you in your path.
Regards
EP
Antonio Lao said:
If we can apply dualism in the square of energy (there really are two kinds of energy: the potential and the kinetic), then

[tex] H^{+}=E^2 [/tex] this is a general form of kinetic energy.

[tex]H^{-}= - E^2 [/tex] this is a general form of potential energy.

then the square root of the general potential energy is a pure imaginary number.

[tex] \sqrt{H^{-}} = Ei [/tex]

H+ and H- is possible if and only if the infinitesimal forces and metrics are orthogonal.

If kinetic and potential energy are absolutely dual then

[tex] E_K E_P= E_K - E_P [/tex]

And the RHS expression can be defined as a Lagrangian.

Epsilon Pi said:
my main point is that the electron has an inherent magnetic field and it cannot be decomposed, it is a self-consistent entity.
Hi EP,

I guess the question here is this.

Are the mass, charge, magnetic moment, and spin of the electron independent properties, or do they depend on each other in some way, or do they depend on even deeper as yet unknown properties?

juju

Pmm

mapper said:
I think peoples biggest problem is the ability to think on a scale other then their physical form. Now we see things working on a big and small scale what can we do to create something similar that will work on a scale we can tangibly see and use?
ok lol first of all, this is the physics fourum lol, most people her think on the physical realm, i wont go into explaining my ideas because i have homework im procrastinating on but i will link you to my post, you may find it interesting.
my post

take a look

Adam

P.S if anyone would want to reply to my post, thats good, but could u e-mail me tellin me? its AdamChess4@aol.com

Ok; let me guess.

We take an electric motor, connect it to an electrical generator, connect the output of the generator to a step-up voltage transformer with a low voltage tap connected to the motor. The low voltage tap is designed to be the correct voltage for the motor. Then we take the high voltage output of the step-up transformer and power the world with it.

This one comes from folks who learn a little something about voltage transformers but don't understand how power works. It is very common; there's even a patent on it; it doesn't work, of course.

Vern