Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #2,521
Besides, what if you're attacked while carrying your computer from place to place?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,522
BicycleTree said:
No, you haven't read them all and as a ghost I can guarantee that.

Nope, I even read all those annoying ghost posts. I know you know what I mean, but I'm going to be nice and keep it between you and me. :wink:

Don't feel bad, buying a lawnmower is exciting. Most things are less interesting than that.

:smile: Hey, you've got a brown spot on your nose there. :biggrin:

• #2,523
So moonbear the answer is to break the laptop into pieces over your knee so you have long rectangles of granite. The weight will just make you stronger.

• #2,524
The Ghost's Post

• #2,525
Hey, you've got a brown spot on your nose there.
Just being nice.

• #2,526
BicycleTree said:
How much would you pay for a computer, monitor, mouse, and keyboard with carved granite casings instead of plastic?

I already have one of those granite computers down in the basement. I use it as a home for runaway spiders. Lately though I've been seeing a lot of centipede looking things lurking around it.

Hmm, I only seem to be able to open my post with a quote. Am I missing something?

You're right I haven't read all the posts. But long ago in a galaxy far away I had.

Huck

• #2,527
BicycleTree said:
A granite mouse with cord attached beats a glass bottle. Swing it around like a yoyo and your assailant can't get within 3 feet of you.
The hell it does.

You've obviously never been nailed by a glass bottle. Not to mention sharp shards of glass.

• #2,528
Granite computers? If you mean an abacus with granite beads, that doesn't count.

• #2,529
BicycleTree said:
So moonbear the answer is to break the laptop into pieces over your knee so you have long rectangles of granite. The weight will just make you stronger.

:rofl: Then I'll have a bruised knee and won't be able to run.

Though, I suppose if I was lugging around a granite laptop, and someone tried mugging me, I could just hand them the laptop and that would slow them down enough for the cops to catch up with them before they got too far. :rofl:

• #2,530
Hey, you brought it up. I was just amazed that anyone else had one too. I thought I was the only one.

• #2,531
Range and speed, franz, range and speed. Have you ever tried spinning a yoyo in a circle as fast as you possibly can? It's easy to break glass, but if you let the yoyo touch the floor the plastic thing will explode.

• #2,532
Moonbear said:
:rofl: Then I'll have a bruised knee and won't be able to run.

Though, I suppose if I was lugging around a granite laptop, and someone tried mugging me, I could just hand them the laptop and that would slow them down enough for the cops to catch up with them before they got too far. :rofl:
Well, obviously, obviously you should wear kneepads.

• #2,533
Huckleberry said:
I already have one of those granite computers down in the basement. I use it as a home for runaway spiders. Lately though I've been seeing a lot of centipede looking things lurking around it.

So you're the one who brought all the spiders in with you! :grumpy: And now you're giving them a home?! :bugeye: Out, out, out! And take your spiders with you! (Can you tell I'm not a big fan of spiders?)

Hmm, I only seem to be able to open my post with a quote. Am I missing something?

Just scroll down to the "quick reply" box if you don't need a quote, or you can "go advanced" to still have access to smilies without quoting.

You're right I haven't read all the posts. But long ago in a galaxy far away I had.

Busted! :rofl:

• #2,534
There is also a post reply button to go advanced without having to scroll down that far.

• #2,535
Moonbear said:
Not true. I have. You'll note I've been here from the beginning. You don't get to be the top poster in the thread without reading them ALL.
Lord knows I still haven't made it all the way through the new member thread, let alone reading all the links to the oldie but goodie threads!
Moonbear said:
My excitement for the day was to buy a new lawnmower. I wanted one with big wheels and self-propelling...The old one was rear-bagging.
I can't believe how you guys are dropping the ball here...

• #2,536
BicycleTree said:
There is also a post reply button to go advanced without having to scroll down that far.

There is? Not on my screen.

• #2,537
What I meant is that you have quotes from someone and then some text and then more quotes. I can begin a post with quotes, but I haven't yet discovered how to put them in where I want them.

Huck

• #2,538
Huckleberry said:
What I meant is that you have quotes from someone and then some text and then more quotes. I can begin a post with quotes, but I haven't yet discovered how to put them in where I want them.

Huck
Hmm maybe this will work.

Huck

Hmm, that doesn't look quite right either. Is there a way to grab text from someone's post while I'm in the window to write my own post?

Huck

• #2,539
BicycleTree said:
On my screen it is at the lower left edge of the last post in the thread.

Oh, that left! I really never noticed it. By the time I get that far down the page, it's not far from the "go advanced" button. I don't bother to "go advanced" unless I'm quoting someone and automatically wind up there anyway.

• #2,540
Huckleberry said:
Hmm, that doesn't look quite right either. Is there a way to grab text from someone's post while I'm in the window to write my own post?

Huck

Just by copying and pasting. If you scroll down when in the reply box, the last 15 or 20 posts are condensed in a section called "topic review."

• #2,541
Artman said:
Oh, if a guy named Danger comes by with the welcome wagon, just say, "No thanks, I only eat Kosher hot dogs." He should leave you alone then. :yuck: :biggrin:
All the way down at work I could feel my name being taken in vain. I had to close early, you toad, just to get back here and see what you were doing. Ignore him, Huck. Have a nice bacon sandwich and pretend he's not here.

Moonbear said:
My excitement for the day was to buy a new lawnmower.
Finally giving up the Maytag for something with a gas motor, huh? :wink: I bet you keep the blades out of balance on purpose too, right? :biggrin:

I'm going to go check up on whatever else that evil Art has been doing. Later daze.

• #2,542
SOS2008 said:
Or should we say certain members would be...?
I came all the way back here because I saw your name as new post and this is all you give me to work with? I might have to hire a new assistant. :frown:

• #2,543
Oh, hi danger. I was supposed to tell you something or other about meat products. Oh yes, I only eat Kosher hot dogs. Actually I don't particularly care for them, but they go well with a bowl of skittles. Half a hot dog and a bowl of skittles.

Huck

• #2,544
Huckleberry said:
they go well with a bowl of skittles. Half a hot dog and a bowl of skittles.

Huck
I really should wear my glasses while I doing this. For a second there, I thought you said kittens. I was about to ask if you had a new recipe, because I'm getting kinda tired of poached. :redface:
What the hell is a 'skittle' anyhow? Up here it's like a little bowling pin that you use for playing golf on a pool table. :confused:

• #2,545
Danger said:
I came all the way back here because I saw your name as new post and this is all you give me to work with? I might have to hire a new assistant. :frown:
If you go back to Moonbear's original post about lawn mowers...
Huckleberry said:
Oh, hi danger. I was supposed to tell you something or other about meat products. Oh yes, I only eat Kosher hot dogs. Actually I don't particularly care for them, but they go well with a bowl of skittles. Half a hot dog and a bowl of skittles.

Huck
There was a thread about weird food--this would fit. Danger--Skittles are a candy that Yanks eat--it is what was used in the movie "ET."

• #2,546
A skittle is a candy shaped like an m&m but it tastes more like a starburst, but it has a hard brightly colored shell. After they begin to break down in saliva they take on a granular, sugary texture that goes well with half a hotdog. Atleast I think so.

What the hell is a 'skittle' anyhow? Up here it's like a little bowling pin that you use for playing golf on a pool table.

You play golf on pool tables with bowling pins in Canada? Time to come in out of the cold Danger. I think your brain is freezing.

Huck

• #2,547
SOS2008 said:
If you go back to Moonbear's original post about lawn mowers...
Yeah, I did. Thanks. I was just kiddin' anyhow; you could never be replaced.

SOS2008 said:
There was a thread about weird food--this would fit. Danger--Skittles are a candy that Yanks eat--it is what was used in the movie "ET."
Okay. I thought those were "Reese's Pieces". I've heard of skittles, but always figured they were like Cheezies or something. Maybe 'cause I heard them mentioned with beer.

• #2,548
Huckleberry said:
You play golf on pool tables with bowling pins in Canada? Time to come in out of the cold Danger. I think your brain is freezing.
Oh yeah, you're going to fit right in here; start picking on the old guy right off. :biggrin:
'Golf' is a kind of pool game where you have to shoot your one object ball into each pocket sequentially without knocking over any of the skittles that are set up on the table. The pegs are only about the size of a headphones plug.

• #2,549
Danger said:
Yeah, I did. Thanks. I was just kiddin' anyhow; you could never be replaced.

Okay. I thought those were "Reese's Pieces". I've heard of skittles, but always figured they were like Cheezies or something. Maybe 'cause I heard them mentioned with beer.
Maybe it was--I just remember people thinking it was m&m's...

• #2,550
Oh your serious! I thought you were joking about that golf,pool,bowling thing. Now that I understand it to be true I'm really scared.

Sounds kind of interesting actually. Throw in horsehoes and hockey pucks and you might have a new national passtime. Keep in mind this is from the guy that likes hot dogs with his skittles.

Huck :smile:

• #2,551
SOS2008 said:
Maybe it was--I just remember people thinking it was m&m's...
I know that the M & M folks were mightily pissed off when the movie hit big; they'd turned Spielberg down when he offered to use their brand for a small fee. :rolleyes:

• #2,552
Huckleberry said:
Oh your serious! I thought you were joking about that golf,pool,bowling thing.
Now that you mention it, I reread my post from an outsider's perspective and you're right. It would have been a more clever joke than most of the ones that I come up with on purpose. :redface:

• #2,553
Yeh, hockey pucks...hmmm. At the Mitzvah Bar do they have a game combining pool with darts?

• #2,554
SOS2008 said:
Yeh, hockey pucks...hmmm.
Don't try to con me with 'hmmm'. Even you would be mighty hard-pressed to think up a sexual use for them.

SOS2008 said:
At the Mitzvah Bar do they have a game combining pool with darts?
Not yet, but I'm sure I could come up with one. There is, however, a dart game called 'Golf'. :biggrin:

• #2,555
Ahhhhhh...

Attachments

• face.JPG
    face.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 325
Back