Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
tribdog
Franzbear

Some people seem to be able to make the comment that just ruins a conversation. I've gone back to the last 100 or so really dead threads and counted up how many times each person was the one named as the last poster. Here's my list of PFs best thread killers:
1)with 21- franzneitzche
2)with 15- Moonbear
3)with 12- tribdog
4)with 9-tie-Ivan Seeking and Tsu

Honorable mentions go to:gokul, JasonRox, chrono and mattmns.

Physics news on Phys.org
Boy, I thought I was bad! Whooo! :rofl:

I guess maybe a race to the bottom of the threads should begin, right about, NOW! :tongue2:

If i kill the thread:"Ask a stupid answer,get a stupid question",will i get a prize...??A pink ribbon,maybe...?:tongue2:

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
If i kill the thread:"Ask a stupid answer,get a stupid question",will i get a prize...??A pink ribbon,maybe...?:tongue2:

Daniel.

franz won't let you kill it until it hits 2000 posts. He's been desperately ressurecting it every time someone rightfully should have killed it.

I don't know whether to post or not?

Andy said:
I don't know whether to post or not?

:rofl: Don't worry, apparently those of us who always have to get in the last word have been outed. :tongue2:

Ooh, an honorable mention !

Now for the snooty, academic part :

Tribdog, your conclusion (ability to kill threads) is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.

Gokul43201 said:

Tribdog, your conclusion (ability to kill threads) is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.

:rofl:

Now, you also need to factor in the primary cause of death. Just because franz attempts to resurrect dead posts on a nightly basis, it doesn't mean he's the one who killed them. They were long dead before he posted in them. That's like saying the ER doc is the murderer because they couldn't bring a gunshot victim back to life. :biggrin:

Dude, you read through the last 100 or so dead threads just to catalogue the final posters? How much free time do you have?

Likes gracy
If he's got so much time,why doesn't he catalogue the posters with # of posts in the TD subforum,as Greg wanted them not to be added to the indivdual tally...?

Daniel.

I can't believe I was not mentioned. I make a post and no one says anything at all. Oh well. This thread is dead. :frown:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Gokul43201 said:

spoken like a true thread killer

I've killed a few threads. :frown:

Evo said:
I've killed a few threads. :frown:

Yeah, but when you kill a thread, you have the powers to hide the evidence. :rofl:

:cry: I'm disappointed - as a Reublican, I naturally always want to have the last word and I thought I did a good job of killing threads in the Politics forum.

By the way, how much time do you have on your hands, exactly...?

tribdog said:
Some people seem to be able to make the comment that just ruins a conversation. I've gone back to the last 100 or so really dead threads and counted up how many times each person was the one named as the last poster. Here's my list of PFs best thread killers:
1)with 21- franzneitzche
2)with 15- Moonbear
3)with 12- tribdog
4)with 9-tie-Ivan Seeking and Tsu

I thought my name was suspiciously at the end of too many threads.

However, i contend that my rank is solely due to the fact that i post far more than anyone else in here, so of course far more threads would have ended with my posts,thats just simple statistics.

russ_watters said:
:cry: I'm disappointed - as a Reublican, I naturally always want to have the last word and I thought I did a good job of killing threads in the Politics forum.

:rofl: Awww...poor Russ. Sorry to break it to you, but when a Republican says something in a room full of Democrats/liberals, you'll NEVER get the last word. I don't know if tribdog counted the politics subforum in his rankings. Otherwise, I'd probably be much lower on the list given the limited number of posts I have in Politics.

Of course, another way I could choose to interpret the results are that some of us are just incredibly adept at so fully resolving an issue that once we speak, there is no room left for any more debate. *awaits tomatoes being thrown: I really wanted to make some salsa anyway* :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Yeah, but when you kill a thread, you have the powers to hide the evidence. :rofl:
Yep, I just make the last post look like franz posted it. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Of course, another way I could choose to interpret the results are that some of us are just incredibly adept at so fully resolving an issue that once we speak, there is no room left for any more debate.

And henceforth, you and all others like yourself shall be known as "THE MASTER DEBATORS"! :rofl:

polyb said:
And henceforth, you and all others like yourself shall be known as "THE MASTER DEBATORS"! :rofl:

I already held that title. :frown:

tribdog said:

Sweet, and according to Gokul's logic, I am probably the thread killin king.

polyb said:

Geez, post in one thread in biology and I'm branded for life. :redface:

JasonRox said:
I feel stupid posting last. It's like no one read your post.

You get used to that feeling after a while

dextercioby said:
Ouch...Franz,be more polite...

Daniel.
What?

I was speaking from personal experience.

I did get used to that feeling...

I hope so, you've had enough practice

This post is just to help franznietzsche out...
*didn't want to see him kill yet another thread*

LOLOLOLOL

are you kidding? this is his 15 minutes of fame. let him have the title

tribdog said:
are you kidding? this is his 15 minutes of fame. let him have the title

Watch it tribdog, or i'll stompin' on your tail. :grumpy: :devil: :grumpy:

You know what I hate...

Long threads that you missed from the beginning. If you choose to read all the posts, you realize 90% of the posts have nothing to do with the topic. If they do relate to the topic, then all the posts are really long and take a million hours to finish.

Jason,why did u post?We were supposed to let Franz kill the "killer thread" thread,2...:tongue2:

Daniel.

P.S.Now he won't post in this thread as not to add another "prey" to "collection"...:tongue2:

dextercioby said:
Jason,why did u post?We were supposed to let Franz kill the "killer thread" thread,2...:tongue2:

Daniel.

P.S.Now he won't post in this thread as not to add another "prey" to "collection"...:tongue2:

Nope got to keep my reputation up as thread-killer, besides, I'm a post-phyte(let that one settle in for a while)

Locking threads should not count.

Thankfully Franz cannot lock threads...:tongue2: *relieved*

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
Thankfully Franz cannot lock threads...:tongue2: *relieved*

Daniel.

Darn. Oh well, i'll have to settle for posting a hundred times more than everyone else.

Back