See Thread Views: How to Find Out?

• Thread starter chasrob
  • Start date
In summary, the feature to view the number of views for a thread has been replaced with a "Likes" count, which is deemed more important. However, some users may still value the view count as it reflects the popularity and relevance of a discussion. The "Likes" feature also recognizes the quality of posts from members, but the website owner may also consider external traffic as a measure of popularity.
chasrob
Is there any way to see the number of views of a thread? Or is that no longer available?

Physics news on Phys.org
chasrob said:
Is there any way to see the number of views of a thread? Or is that no longer available?
We replaced that public information with total "Likes" which we felt was more important.

You're probably right but I miss the views tabulation.

Still think the title and the quality of the posts make a discussion worth reading. I might discover that a thread of 100 posts and 3700 views has little relevance for most readers. Likes? Well, it's about recognition of the quality of posts from the members. This matters a lot. But to the owner of this website the popularity/external traffic matters, too.

Likes berkeman

1. What is the purpose of "See Thread Views" on social media?

"See Thread Views" is a feature on social media platforms that allows users to see the number of views a particular thread or post has received. This can help users gauge the popularity or engagement of their content.

2. How do I access the thread views on social media?

The process of accessing thread views may vary depending on the specific social media platform, but generally, you can find the option by clicking on the post or thread and looking for a "View" or "Insights" button. Some platforms also display the number of views directly on the post.

3. Can I see who viewed my thread on social media?

No, social media platforms do not typically provide the option to see individual users who have viewed your thread. The "See Thread Views" feature only shows the total number of views the thread has received.

4. Are the thread views on social media accurate?

The thread views on social media are generally considered accurate, but there can be some discrepancies. For example, if a user views the thread multiple times, it may only count as one view. Additionally, views from bots or spam accounts may also be included in the total count.

5. How can I use thread views to improve my social media presence?

Thread views can provide valuable insights into the engagement and popularity of your content. By analyzing the number of views and comparing it to other posts, you can determine what type of content resonates best with your audience. You can also use thread views to track the success of your social media marketing efforts and make adjustments accordingly.