1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Three-phase current

1. Jul 11, 2004 #1
    Hi all,

first I have to say, that my mother tongue is not English. So I'm not very used to special English words that belong to physics. But I try to translate as well as you can understand what I mean. Therefore it would be helpful to me, if you wouldn't use any special acronyms in your answers.

My problem belongs to three-phase current.
    I want to calculate the result vector of a three-pase current system, that is used unsymetric. For example the first phase has 6A (Ampere), the second one has 5A and the third one 1A. Then I want to have the amount of current that is in the "null conductor" - the result current.
    So I know that this would be a simple addition of vectors, but I have trouble finding a good relation to calculate it.
    I already found a relation using trogonometric functions. That solution works fine, but it is very complicated.
    My result would be for this example: 4,58A

Is there any easy relation to get the result?

I hope you understand my problem.

Tanks.

Timo

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted