1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Three phase system

1. Feb 7, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    consider the balanced three phase star source with RMS phase voltage magnitude of 230V shown in fig5 with an impedance of Zg=5+j5.The per-phase impedance value of a three phase balanced star and delta connected loads are 30+j30.
    a)Determine the line and phase voltages and currents at the star and delta connected loads

2. Relevant equations

don't have any,sorry~
    3. The attempt at a solution
    i totally got no idea where to begin with,can someone please guide me??thanks~

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 7, 2010 #2
    From my standpoint, it looks like you know nothing about three phase power since you've shown no work. It's a little hard to write out a whole chapters worth of theory on three phase power to prepare you for this problem.

To do this problem, I would convert the delta load to a Y load, and use a per phase analysis.
    http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/4961/42710974.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook