Throw that dog a bone, Moonbear!

dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
That was trully fun to watch.But it was last year.

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
That was trully fun to watch.But it was last year.

Daniel.

Fun...yeah, in a weird sort of way.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I like it when we have a little romance in the air around here - that's why I feel so compelled to meddle. :biggrin:

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Math Is Hard said:
I think you've got your work cut out for you, trib! might have to send her more legos or something.
That would be Lego.

Evo
Mentor
brewnog said:
That would be Lego.
The correct answer is

Question: What is the plural form of "LEGO"? Is it LEGO? Or LEGOs?

Answer: LEGO is a trademark name and not a noun. So, the correct plural would be "LEGO bricks".

-Olav Krøigaard, LEGO Designer

http://www.lego.com/eng/factory/design/faqs.asp

Math Is Hard said:
I like it when we have a little romance in the air around here - that's why I feel so compelled to meddle. :biggrin:

romance is like cheese. Good when fresh, but too much of it, or if its been sitting out too long, and its just ewwww.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
franznietzsche said:
romance is like cheese. Good when fresh, but too much of it, or if its been sitting out too long, and its just ewwww.
Does that mean you agree with my side of this? :tongue2:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
ok, tribdog, let me ask you this: are you ready for a woman like Moonbear? She's a pretty special person, you know. She's pretty, she's level-headed, she's brainy, she's kind...
but here's the catch: Are you ready for someone like her - someone who is kind and generous and forgiving and loving? Can you give up the emotional wackiness and drama of relationships with psycho-b*tches? I mean, as a writer, you need excitement and drama in your life - it gives you interesting things to think and write about. Can you forfeit having a "source of material" in exchange for having a stable, harmonious hearth and home to come back to at the end of the day?
I think you have to do some soul-searching. It might lead you to understand why things went awry in the first place. There's no judgement going on here -- I, too, have a fondness for excitement and unpredictability -- and it's been my downfall in romantic relationships. Just making an observation.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
See that tribdog, even MIH realizes I'm too boring for you. I'd be stifling your, um, creativity. You'd lose your pink ribbon because you wouldn't have any funny stories to tell about your misadventures with matches or battles with psycho-b*tches. I would never want to cause you to be stripped of your ribbon.

^ Tribdog is a writer? I thought he was a surveyor.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
mattmns said:
He is. She meant his writing here. If I turned him into a boring, respectable person, he'd have nothing to write about here for us all to laugh at. How could I take away all his funniness? It would just be wrong, and you'd all hate me if I did that.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moonbear said:
See that tribdog, even MIH realizes I'm too boring for you. I'd be stifling your, um, creativity. You'd lose your pink ribbon because you wouldn't have any funny stories to tell about your misadventures with matches or battles with psycho-b*tches. I would never want to cause you to be stripped of your ribbon.
oh, no, Moonbear, I certainly never meant boring! :redface: It's just that you would never do insanely evil, irrational things like drop-kicking his laptop!

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Math Is Hard said:
oh, no, Moonbear, I certainly never meant boring! :redface: It's just that you would never do insanely evil, irrational things like drop-kicking his laptop!
Yeah, but wouldn't that just make tribdog a completely boring person if he didn't have stories like that to tell? Though, if he started playing with matches, I might drop-kick him. He doesn't realize how stifled he'd feel in the presence of normalcy.

This is just my humble view. I think Tribdog is fine just the way he is. If I cannot appreciate him for what he is, then probably he is not the guy for me or I am not the gal for him. I for one knows how adverse I am to being changed, even for love.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Polly said:
This is just my humble view. I think Tribdog is fine just the way he is. If I cannot appreciate him for what he is, then probably he is not the guy for me or I am not the gal for him. I for one knows how adverse I am to being changed, even for love.
Thank you Polly for pointing this out. There is nothing wrong with tribdog, we are just very different people. I enjoy having him as a friend, but that's it. I don't want him to change for me, I don't believe in making people change, and don't believe that's a good basis for a relationship.

Now that that's been said, I think I'm done. I know you're all well-intentioned, and some of the comments here have been intended in jest, which is why I've played along as much as I have here, but I prefer to keep my private life private and am not going to continue explaining and justifying my decisions about who I do and don't date to the entire board.

so its settled. we'll keep it purely sexual.

tribdog said:
so its settled. we'll keep it purely sexual.

And really, thats the best way.

All those other annoying, unnecessary details go away then.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
mattmns said:
He's both. I believe he's had a few things published, if memory serves me. I read one of his stories once. He's very talented.

Math Is Hard said:
He's both. I believe he's had a few things published, if memory serves me. I read one of his stories once. He's very talented.

Ooh, ooh, did you read the one about the whol burned in the carpet with the melted soda bottle?

That one's a classic!