Throw that dog a bone, Moonbear

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary, tribdog is a whining, begging puppy who is not content with being just friends with Matt.
mattmns said:
^ Tribdog is a writer? I thought he was a surveyor.

He is. She meant his writing here. If I turned him into a boring, respectable person, he'd have nothing to write about here for us all to laugh at. How could I take away all his funniness? It would just be wrong, and you'd all hate me if I did that.

Physics news on Phys.org
Moonbear said:
See that tribdog, even MIH realizes I'm too boring for you. I'd be stifling your, um, creativity. You'd lose your pink ribbon because you wouldn't have any funny stories to tell about your misadventures with matches or battles with psycho-b*tches. I would never want to cause you to be stripped of your ribbon.
oh, no, Moonbear, I certainly never meant boring! :redface: It's just that you would never do insanely evil, irrational things like drop-kicking his laptop!

Math Is Hard said:
oh, no, Moonbear, I certainly never meant boring! :redface: It's just that you would never do insanely evil, irrational things like drop-kicking his laptop!

Yeah, but wouldn't that just make tribdog a completely boring person if he didn't have stories like that to tell? Though, if he started playing with matches, I might drop-kick him. He doesn't realize how stifled he'd feel in the presence of normalcy.

This is just my humble view. I think Tribdog is fine just the way he is. If I cannot appreciate him for what he is, then probably he is not the guy for me or I am not the gal for him. I for one knows how adverse I am to being changed, even for love.

Polly said:
This is just my humble view. I think Tribdog is fine just the way he is. If I cannot appreciate him for what he is, then probably he is not the guy for me or I am not the gal for him. I for one knows how adverse I am to being changed, even for love.

Thank you Polly for pointing this out. There is nothing wrong with tribdog, we are just very different people. I enjoy having him as a friend, but that's it. I don't want him to change for me, I don't believe in making people change, and don't believe that's a good basis for a relationship.

Now that that's been said, I think I'm done. I know you're all well-intentioned, and some of the comments here have been intended in jest, which is why I've played along as much as I have here, but I prefer to keep my private life private and am not going to continue explaining and justifying my decisions about who I do and don't date to the entire board.

so its settled. we'll keep it purely sexual.

tribdog said:
so its settled. we'll keep it purely sexual.

And really, that's the best way.

All those other annoying, unnecessary details go away then.

mattmns said:
^ Tribdog is a writer? I thought he was a surveyor.
He's both. I believe he's had a few things published, if memory serves me. I read one of his stories once. He's very talented.

Math Is Hard said:
He's both. I believe he's had a few things published, if memory serves me. I read one of his stories once. He's very talented.

Ooh, ooh, did you read the one about the whol burned in the carpet with the melted soda bottle?

That one's a classic!