Thrust of a Rocket: Calculating Force

In summary, the problem involves finding the thrust of a rocket based on given information and using the formula F = ma. The attempt at a solution involved finding the time and velocity in the y direction, as well as the acceleration in the xy direction. However, there is uncertainty about the accuracy of the values. The duration of the thrust and other relevant equations are not provided.
Darkmirror

Homework Statement

[PLAIN]http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8184/rocketj.png

I am not sure if the problem has enough information to find. However, i tried some of the works.
g=10m/s2( i use gravity as 10 .)

Homework Equations

No idea...

The Attempt at a Solution

I am thinking this formula F = ma to find the thrust.

so my first plan is to find the a(in xy direction) and then get the Force. (not sure if this is a right attempt)
So,

t=(2(275)/10) = 7.4 sec

V(in y dir) = (2(275)(10))^.5 = 74m/s
V(in xy dir) = 74/sin(85) = 74m/s

a(in xy dir)= 74/(7.4*2) =5.3m/s2 (I am pretty sure this part is wrong)

F = ma
F= (26/1000)kg * 5.3 m/s2 = 0.1219 N (o_O Doesn't make sense lol )

I am new to Physics. So, yea, i am still confusing with some stuffs. Thanks in advanced for helping me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
How long does the thrust last?

Spinnor said:
How long does the thrust last?

I am srry. I don't have the information..
P.S i just learned Newton's Laws. So ye, i don't know much of physics yet...

What is the thrust of a rocket?

The thrust of a rocket is the force that propels the rocket forward. It is the result of the combustion of fuel and the release of hot gases through the rocket engine.

How is thrust calculated?

Thrust is calculated by multiplying the exit velocity of the exhaust gases by the mass flow rate of the fuel. This can be expressed as the equation: F = m * v, where F is the thrust, m is the mass flow rate, and v is the exhaust velocity.

What factors affect the thrust of a rocket?

The thrust of a rocket can be affected by several factors, including the design and efficiency of the rocket engine, the amount and type of fuel used, and the atmospheric conditions in which the rocket is launched.

How does the thrust of a rocket impact its flight?

The thrust of a rocket is what enables it to overcome the force of gravity and propel it into space. The greater the thrust, the faster the rocket can accelerate and reach higher altitudes.

Is it possible to increase the thrust of a rocket?

Yes, it is possible to increase the thrust of a rocket by using more powerful engines, increasing the amount of fuel, or optimizing the design of the rocket to reduce drag. However, these changes may also increase the weight and cost of the rocket.