What Are the Real Benefits of Jogging?

• Thread starter davenn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Funny
In summary, "Thursday funny -- Jogging" is a popular internet meme or joke referencing jogging on Thursdays. This association may stem from the phrase "Thank God it's Thursday" or "TGIT" and the desire to relieve stress or celebrate the upcoming weekend. While there is no specific scientific evidence supporting jogging on Thursdays, regular physical activity, including jogging, has proven health benefits. The origin of the trend is unknown, but it is commonly seen on Twitter with the hashtag #ThursdayFunnyJogging. Jogging on Thursdays is generally not harmful, but it is important to listen to your body and consult with a doctor before starting any new exercise routine.
davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2023 Award
yup, that about covers it ;)

jogging.JPG

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
booooo I job 3-4 times a week, not that hard :D
Same here. I WISH the odds were the same. :w

Likes davenn and Greg Bernhardt
all jokes aside...
I wish I could, the health problems I'm been going through over the last 3 years have ground me into the ground :(
its painful and difficult just walking, let alone jogging
I desperately need to loose some of my midriff

Dave

I would like to point out that jogging has many health benefits such as improving cardiovascular health, reducing stress, and increasing overall physical fitness. While the statement may be humorous, it is important to recognize the positive effects of regular physical activity like jogging. Additionally, incorporating other forms of exercise into one's routine can provide even more benefits. So let's continue to find humor in everyday activities, but also remember the importance of maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.

1. What is "Thursday funny -- Jogging"?

"Thursday funny -- Jogging" is a popular internet meme or joke that references the idea of jogging or running being a common activity on Thursdays.

2. Why is jogging associated with Thursdays?

The association of jogging with Thursdays is likely due to the phrase "Thank God it's Thursday" or "TGIT" which is a play on the more common phrase "Thank God it's Friday" or "TGIF". This suggests that people are looking forward to the end of the work week and may use jogging as a way to relieve stress or celebrate the upcoming weekend.

3. Is there any scientific evidence to support jogging on Thursdays?

There is no specific scientific evidence to support jogging on Thursdays specifically. However, there is plenty of research that shows the benefits of regular physical activity, including jogging, for overall health and wellbeing. So regardless of the day, incorporating jogging into your routine is likely to have positive effects.

4. Who started the "Thursday funny -- Jogging" trend?

The origin of the "Thursday funny -- Jogging" trend is unknown, as it likely emerged organically through internet culture. However, it is commonly attributed to the popular social media platform Twitter, where the hashtag #ThursdayFunnyJogging is often used.

5. Can jogging on Thursdays be harmful?

Generally, jogging on Thursdays or any other day of the week is not harmful. However, it is important to listen to your body and not push yourself too hard if you are not used to regular physical activity. It is always recommended to consult with a doctor before starting any new exercise routine.