Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thurst in a rod?

  1. Dec 27, 2011 #1
    I was doing some mechanics questions and it asked me to find the thrust in a rod supporting something else. I searched my book and it didn't say what "thurst" means, and all I've got on Wikipedia is about the thrust (force) gained by pushing air backwards, which doesn't seem related. Is it just something analogous to tension, but a compressive force instead of tensile force?
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 28, 2011 #2


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    2018 Award

    Can you give us the exact question?
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook