1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ti 83->89

1. Feb 5, 2005 #1
    Ti 83-->89

I know the Ti89 has the csolve and solve feautures... so I was wondering if there was a way of getting the ti83 to do this same type of thing?

If a program has to be created.. what would it look like?

Thanks...

What other essential things could be "borrowed" from the ti89 .. by creating a program.. for the ti83?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 5, 2005 #2

cronxeh

Gold Member

Just buy the Ti-89. Ti-83 is a joke compared to 89

4. Feb 5, 2005 #3
    Csolve seems to me to be the same thing that the TI-86 does on equations. As for the 83, you can download "APPS," from TI which gives you a polynominal solver.

5. Feb 6, 2005 #4
    I did buy the ti89 but I for some tests I will be taking.. I wont be able to use it.

6. Feb 6, 2005 #5
    Doesn't TI89 have a CAS system which can simpify your algebra expressions. Even derivate it can, I think.

7. Feb 7, 2005 #6

Alkatran

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It can integrate, derivate, simplify, etc....

HOWEVER it sometimes gets answers that are 'out there'. IE: It gives you either (A) the wrong answer, or (B) a very long answer instead of a simplification (if you try to solve most inversge trig functions you get large equations)

That kind of Math is incredibly complexe, I find it amazing that they managed to get a computer system to do it.

I've tried to just write a simple solving function for polynomials and the hundreds of possibilities are.... :surprised

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook