Editing Equations on a Ti-83+ Calculator

In summary, to make changes to an equation after finding the solution on a Ti-83+ calculator, hit [2nd] [ENTER] to access the previous equation. This is useful for Math 12 students. Sorry if this was posted in the wrong forum.
mark126
Just a quick question about the Ti-83+ calculator. After you have hit the equals button to provide the solution for an equation, how do you get back into the equation to make any changes? The error key is not what I'm looking for, is it possible to make any changes you want in the equation? I asked my Math teacher and she didn't know, this is for Math 12 in case you were wondering. Thanks!

Computer science news on Phys.org
hit [2nd] [ENTER] and it will give you what your equation was previously, this by the way is second, entry.

Thanks, that really helped! Sorry that I may have posted it in the wrong forum.

What are the steps for editing equations on a Ti-83+ Calculator?

To edit an equation on a Ti-83+ Calculator, follow these steps:

1. Press the "Y=" button to enter the equation editor.
  2. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the equation you want to edit.
  3. Use the "Clear" button to delete any part of the equation you want to change.
  4. Use the "Math" button to access additional functions.
  5. Press the "Enter" button to save your changes.

How can I add fractions or exponents in an equation on a Ti-83+ Calculator?

To add fractions or exponents in an equation on a Ti-83+ Calculator, use the "Math" button to access the fraction and exponent symbols. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the desired location in the equation, then press the "Math" button again to select the symbol you want to insert.

Can I save multiple equations on a Ti-83+ Calculator?

Yes, you can save up to 10 equations on a Ti-83+ Calculator. After entering an equation, press the "Enter" button to save it. To access a saved equation, press the "Y=" button and use the arrow keys to navigate to the desired equation.

What should I do if I make a mistake while editing an equation on a Ti-83+ Calculator?

If you make a mistake while editing an equation on a Ti-83+ Calculator, you can use the "Clear" button to delete the entire equation and start over. You can also use the arrow keys to navigate to the mistake and make changes directly.

Is there a way to graph equations while editing them on a Ti-83+ Calculator?

No, you cannot graph equations while editing them on a Ti-83+ Calculator. You will need to exit the equation editor by pressing the "2nd" button and then the "Graph" button to view the graph of the equation.