Where Can I Find a Ti-83 Solver Program for Quadratic Equations?

• Thread starter chewie1305
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ti-83
In summary, The conversation discusses the search for a solver program for the TI-83/TI-83+ calculator, as the TI-86 is no longer in production. The speaker is looking for a program that can solve quadratic equations without the need for standard form. Suggestions for programs are given, with one user recommending a program from the website ticalc.org and another recommending a program they have personally used for four years. The speaker also clarifies that they want a program that works like the solver on the TI-86 and can handle equations not in standard form.
chewie1305
does anybody know of any place where i can download a solver program for the ti-83/ti-83+ like the one on the ti-86. My former Ap-chem teacher has asked me to find a solver program for the ti-83 because everybody is using them now that the ti-86 is out of production. I just need a program that can solve quadratic equations without the equation needing to be in standard form to enter it into the calculator

Mathematics news on Phys.org
If you go right away you will find one at the top of the listings here;

http://www.ticalc.org/

[edit]
Or directly download it here;

http://www.ticalc.org/pub/83/basic/programs/equsolver.zip [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
the menus and graphics are just a pain, i would go with http://www.ticalc.org/pub/83plus/basic/math/asolver.zip [Broken] I've been using it for around 4 years, works great :smile:.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, thanks for the suggestions, but before i download them i need to know if the programs work like the solver on the ti-86. I want it to be able to solve an equation that's not in standard for. I don't want to have to rearrange everything in the equation until i have nice little coefficients to put in. I juts wanted to know this because i see how there could be some confusion between the two different types of "solvers".

1. Can I find a Ti-83 solver program for quadratic equations online?

Yes, there are many websites that offer free downloads of Ti-83 solver programs for quadratic equations. Some popular options include TI-83calc.com and TICalc.org.

2. How do I install a Ti-83 solver program on my calculator?

The process may vary slightly depending on your specific calculator model, but generally you will need to connect your calculator to a computer using a USB cable and use software such as TI Connect to transfer the program to your calculator.

3. Are there any limitations to using a Ti-83 solver program for quadratic equations?

While Ti-83 solver programs can be very helpful for solving quadratic equations, they may not be able to solve every type of quadratic equation. It's always a good idea to double check your answers using other methods.

4. Can I create my own Ti-83 solver program for quadratic equations?

Yes, if you have programming knowledge and are familiar with the Ti-83 calculator, you can create your own solver program. However, there are already many existing programs available for download, so it may be more efficient to use one of those.

5. Is it legal to use a Ti-83 solver program for quadratic equations on my calculator for exams?

This depends on the specific rules and regulations set by your school or exam board. Some may allow the use of calculator programs, while others may not. It's important to check with your teacher or exam proctor to ensure you are not violating any rules.