Transferring Programs from TI-83 to TI-84: Is it Possible?

In summary, the individual has a TI-83 calculator with important programs that they want to take to college. They also have a TI-84 Silver that they received as a gift, but they need the programs from their TI-83. They are wondering if it is possible to transfer programs from a TI-83 to a TI-84. One suggestion is to connect the calculators to a computer via USB and transfer the files. The individual also mentions the possibility of adding other programs, such as Mario or Tetris, to their TI-84. They thank the person for their suggestion and will try it out.
Robokapp
It's not really a problem. It's not really a Lounge Problem and I'm assuming the Engineering students etc have encountered this and have a quick simple answer so...here it is:

I have a Ti-83. It's the old, crappy one, but in it I have a very important program. Well 3 very important programs that I'd like to take with me to College.

I received a free TI-84 Silver as a gift from the math department in my high school. It's 84Plus so its by far faster etc. My brother begins hs and will need one. I'd love to take the TI-84 with me but...I need the programs.

So the question is...Can you transfer programs from a TI-83 into a TI-84? if so, how can you do that?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Blimey - calculators look like mobile phones these days! Haven't used on since I was in high school...

Anyway, back to your problem - I see you can connect them via usb to your computer - can't you put the files from one to your computer and then back to the other one?

I remember when graphic calculators first came out... :smile:

J77 said:
Blimey - calculators look like mobile phones these days! Haven't used on since I was in high school...

Anyway, back to your problem - I see you can connect them via usb to your computer - can't you put the files from one to your computer and then back to the other one?

I remember when graphic calculators first came out... :smile:

0_o I didn't think of that. I wonder what else I can put in my TI-84. Maybe a Mario...they already have Tetris.

But thank you, I'll try your idea.

What is the difference between TI-83 and TI-84 calculators?

The main difference between the TI-83 and TI-84 calculators is that the TI-84 has a larger screen and more memory. It also has additional features such as a built-in clock, USB connectivity, and more advanced graphing capabilities.

Can I transfer programs and data from a TI-83 to a TI-84 calculator?

Yes, it is possible to transfer programs and data from a TI-83 to a TI-84 calculator. Both calculators use the same programming language, so most programs should transfer easily. However, some programs may need to be modified to work properly on the TI-84.

How can I transfer programs and data from a TI-83 to a TI-84 calculator?

To transfer programs and data from a TI-83 to a TI-84 calculator, you will need a USB cable and the TI Connect software. Connect the calculators with the USB cable and use the TI Connect software to transfer the programs and data.

Will all programs and data transfer successfully from a TI-83 to a TI-84 calculator?

Most programs and data should transfer successfully from a TI-83 to a TI-84 calculator. However, there may be some programs that are not compatible with the TI-84 and will not transfer. It is always a good idea to check for compatibility before transferring.

Can I transfer programs and data back to a TI-83 calculator after transferring to a TI-84?

Yes, it is possible to transfer programs and data back to a TI-83 calculator after transferring to a TI-84. However, any programs or data that were modified or created on the TI-84 may not work properly on the TI-83. It is best to keep a backup of the original programs and data on the TI-83 before transferring to the TI-84.