Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators Ti-85 whole screen is dark blue

1. Jun 23, 2005 #1
    Hopefully someone can help me with this problem. When I turn on my TI-85, the whole screen is dark blue (every pixel is dark blue). If I turn it at an angle, I can still see the curser; and performing functions on it still work (when looking at an angle). Has anyone ever had this problem with their TI85? If so, how do I fix it? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2005 #2
    Maybe the contrast is too high. On my TI-80, which I assume is more or less the same, you adjust it by continuously pressing the '2nd' button followed by the up or down arror key.

4. Jun 23, 2005 #3

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I've had this happen too. Like Delta said, it's the contrast. The one thing about my TI-85 is that if the contrast goes all the way to the max (like yours seems to have) I have to pull a battery to reset the calculator. Once I do that it is fine.

5. Jun 23, 2005 #4
    Thanks very much, it was the contrast.

6. Aug 26, 2007 #5
    Ti-85

I tried pressing the 2nd button and the down arrow but nothing changed. the dark blue box is still there.
    help?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?