Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators Ti-85 whole screen is dark blue

1. Jun 23, 2005 #1
    Hopefully someone can help me with this problem. When I turn on my TI-85, the whole screen is dark blue (every pixel is dark blue). If I turn it at an angle, I can still see the curser; and performing functions on it still work (when looking at an angle). Has anyone ever had this problem with their TI85? If so, how do I fix it? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2005 #2
    Maybe the contrast is too high. On my TI-80, which I assume is more or less the same, you adjust it by continuously pressing the '2nd' button followed by the up or down arror key.

4. Jun 23, 2005 #3

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I've had this happen too. Like Delta said, it's the contrast. The one thing about my TI-85 is that if the contrast goes all the way to the max (like yours seems to have) I have to pull a battery to reset the calculator. Once I do that it is fine.

5. Jun 23, 2005 #4
    Thanks very much, it was the contrast.

6. Aug 26, 2007 #5
    Ti-85

I tried pressing the 2nd button and the down arrow but nothing changed. the dark blue box is still there.
    help?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook