Troubleshooting TI-89 Calculator Errors

• Thread starter jaredmt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculator
In summary, troubleshooting TI-89 calculator errors involves identifying the specific error message, checking the calculator's battery and memory, and performing a factory reset if necessary. Other potential solutions include reinstalling the calculator's operating system and updating the software. It is also important to ensure that the calculator is being used correctly and that the input is entered accurately. If all else fails, contacting TI customer support or seeking assistance from a calculator expert may be necessary.
jaredmt
i went to this site: http://antaki.ca/TI89Tutorial/#poly
and typed in different commands and none of them seem to be working.
when i integrate sin(x) it just says ".989992"

when i did expand((x+4)^4,x) it just says "2401."
when i do factor(x^2-9,x) it says "0"
so i tried factor(x^2-9=0,x) and it says "true"

the only thing that worked so far is:
solve(x^2-9=0,x) and came out as "x=-3 or x=3"
even though that website didnt tell me to put that in

does anybody know how to fix this?
i have ti-89 titanium OS 3.1 hardware version 4.00

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Sounds like you have 3 stored in for x. Type x at the prompt, it should probably give you the value 3. To fix this just press F1... then scroll over to F6. From there, select the option that says "1. Clear a-z"

Last edited:
o cool, its fixed, thanks!

1. Why won't my Ti 89 calculator turn on?

There could be several reasons why your Ti 89 calculator is not turning on. First, make sure the batteries are inserted correctly and are not dead. If the batteries are fine, try resetting the calculator by pressing the "2nd" and "left arrow" buttons simultaneously. If the issue persists, the calculator may have a hardware malfunction and will need to be repaired or replaced.

2. My Ti 89 calculator is frozen. How do I fix it?

If your Ti 89 calculator is frozen, try resetting it by pressing the "2nd" and "left arrow" buttons simultaneously. If that doesn't work, remove the batteries and leave them out for a few minutes before reinserting them. This will clear the memory and may fix the issue. If the calculator continues to freeze, it may need to be repaired or replaced.

3. Why is my Ti 89 calculator not graphing properly?

If your Ti 89 calculator is not graphing properly, there could be a few reasons for this. First, make sure the graphing settings are correct and that the function you are trying to graph is entered correctly. If the issue persists, try resetting the calculator by pressing the "2nd" and "left arrow" buttons simultaneously. If the problem continues, the calculator may have a hardware issue and will need to be repaired or replaced.

4. My Ti 89 calculator is giving me error messages. What do they mean?

Error messages on a Ti 89 calculator can be confusing, but they usually indicate that there is an issue with the calculation or function you are trying to perform. Check the calculator's user manual or online resources for a list of common error messages and their meanings. If you continue to get error messages, the calculator may have a hardware issue and will need to be repaired or replaced.

5. Can I update the software on my Ti 89 calculator?

Yes, you can update the software on your Ti 89 calculator. You will need to connect your calculator to a computer with the appropriate software and follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer. It is recommended to regularly check for software updates to ensure your calculator is functioning properly and has the latest features.