Solving Text Entry Issue on Ti-89 Titanium

In summary, to fix the issue of text not appearing on a Ti-89 Titanium calculator, make sure it is in text entry mode by pressing the "MODE" button and selecting "TEXT" from the menu. If the calculator is not responding when trying to enter text, try replacing the batteries or resetting the calculator by pressing the "2nd" and "ESC" buttons. To enter special characters or symbols, press "2nd" followed by "ALPHA". If the text is not displaying correctly, try adjusting font, display, or contrast settings. Text can be saved by pressing "F2" followed by "F1" and selecting "Save" from the menu.
PEMDAS
I have a Ti-89 titanium and its not allowing me to enter text into an equation without writing over the equation. Is there a way I can change this? It seems like I could do this before, I thought maybe I accidentally pressed something without realizing it.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Never mind I found the key that I apparently hit on accident.

1. How do I fix the issue of text not appearing when I type on my Ti-89 Titanium?

The first step in solving this issue is to make sure that the calculator is in the correct mode for text entry. Press the "MODE" button and select "TEXT" from the menu. This will enable text entry mode and allow you to type on the calculator.

2. Why is my calculator not responding when I try to enter text?

This could be due to a low battery or a technical malfunction. Try replacing the batteries and if the issue persists, try resetting the calculator by pressing the "2nd" button followed by the "ESC" button.

3. How can I enter special characters or symbols on my Ti-89 Titanium?

To enter special characters or symbols, press the "2nd" button followed by the "ALPHA" button. This will bring up a menu where you can select the desired character or symbol.

4. The text I entered on my calculator is not displaying correctly. What should I do?

This could be due to a font or display setting. Try changing the font or display settings by pressing the "F1" button followed by the "F5" button. You can also try adjusting the contrast by pressing the "2nd" button followed by the "UP" or "DOWN" arrow keys.

5. Can I save the text I entered on my Ti-89 Titanium?

Yes, you can save the text by pressing the "F2" button followed by the "F1" button. This will bring up a menu where you can select "Save" and then choose a location on the calculator to save the text.