Ti-89 Titanium at bestbuy for 119.99

In summary, Best Buy is currently offering a 20% discount on all Ti calculators, including the Ti-89 Titanium. However, some people have found better deals elsewhere, such as on sale at Target for $140. Others suggest waiting until after classes start to find a cheaper option, possibly on bulletin boards or through secondhand sellers. The conversation also includes advice on saving money and finding calculators for free.
moose
Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
So did I! and it was on sale at target! $140! :cry:

yomamma said:
So did I! and it was on sale at target! $140! :cry:

pfff...I could have sold you a near brand new one for less than 100 bucks...

Wait about a week after classes start and then check the bulletin boards around campus...always someone who drops their class and wants to sell their stuff...

not in 8th grade :|

yomamma said:
not in 8th grade :|

http://search.ebay.com/ti-89-titanium_W0QQfromZR8QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsascsZ2QQsbrbinZt

Where there is a will there is a way...

I NEVER pay retail for anything...heck, even those prices at ebay are a rip...

Listen to me yomamma...there is always a way to save more money. Never pay what someone is asking! Learn to hord your cash now...save, invest, make money.

You don't have to rich to be happy but having money does make life easier... :smile:

I've never bought a calculator in my life. Somebody always leaves one behind at some point and I'm there to claim it. Generally, I'll eventually leave it behind as well, continuing the great circle of life. Same thing goes with pens, and sometimes notebooks.

By the way, from the title of the thread, I thought that Best Buy was selling a certain isotope of titanium. What a dope.

I still got my Ti-83. It just makes no sense for me to buy a new calculator.

What is the Ti-89 Titanium calculator?

The Ti-89 Titanium is a graphing calculator made by Texas Instruments. It is capable of performing advanced mathematical functions, graphing equations, and solving equations.

Is the Ti-89 Titanium allowed on standardized tests?

The Ti-89 Titanium is not allowed on most standardized tests, such as the SAT or ACT. However, it is allowed on some exams, such as the AP Calculus and AP Statistics exams. It is always best to check with the specific testing organization for their calculator policies.

What makes the Ti-89 Titanium better than other calculators?

The Ti-89 Titanium has a larger screen, more memory, and a more powerful processor compared to other calculators. It also has advanced features and functions, such as 3D graphing and solving differential equations.

Can the Ti-89 Titanium be used for college courses?

Yes, the Ti-89 Titanium is commonly used in college courses, especially in math and science classes. It can also be used for standardized tests such as the GRE and GMAT.

Is the Ti-89 Titanium worth the price?

It depends on your needs. If you need a powerful calculator for advanced math and science courses, then the Ti-89 Titanium may be worth the price. However, if you only need a basic calculator, there are more affordable options available.