TI-89 Titanium Calculator

• Calculators
  • Thread starter lukas86
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hopefully I can throw this question in this section, sorry if it should go elsewhere. Seeing as I am studying in engineering, I thought others may have the same calculator and be helpful.

Anyways, I was wondering if there was a way on this calculator to show say 1*_W (unit of watts) in terms of kg*m^2/(s^3). I know how to convert say 1km to 1mile and all that sort of thing. I just want to know if it was possible to show the units of measurement that make up watts or joules or newtons and things like that. Probably not, but I thought I would ask anyways. Thanks in advance.

Answers and Replies

stewartcs
Science Advisor
Hopefully I can throw this question in this section, sorry if it should go elsewhere. Seeing as I am studying in engineering, I thought others may have the same calculator and be helpful.

Anyways, I was wondering if there was a way on this calculator to show say 1*_W (unit of watts) in terms of kg*m^2/(s^3). I know how to convert say 1km to 1mile and all that sort of thing. I just want to know if it was possible to show the units of measurement that make up watts or joules or newtons and things like that. Probably not, but I thought I would ask anyways. Thanks in advance.
I don't believe so. Perhaps the owners manual would have some more information. If you don't have one, I'm sure they are available online.

CS

I have looked in there, but it is pretty vague. I emailed the company at the start of the week, but they seem to be taking their time responding. I am not extremely worried, I was just curious and it would be useful sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does yes, I'll look into that. Thanks.

Have you tried the unit conversions? There's a little unit button on there, but it's a little difficult to figure it out. Here's a little tutorial batesville.k12.in.us/Physics/CalcNet/Calculator/ti_89/units_conversion.htm

Ya I have already tried that, thanks though.

Mech_Engineer
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I don't think there is any built-in way to decompose or expand units. It will simplify/combine units, but not the reverse.