Get Urgent Help with Solving Equations on Ti-89 Titanium - Tips and Tricks

• Calculators
  • Thread starter bradhunterbbq
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ti-89 Titanium
In summary, the speaker is seeking help with a problem they are having with their ti-89 titanium calculator. They have tried using the numeric solver but it is not giving them the correct answer when factoring expressions. They have deleted the numeric value but the issue persists. The speaker suggests seeking help from a specialized room or contacting the manufacturer for assistance.
bradhunterbbq
ti-89 titanium urgent help

I have been using the ti-89 over over a year now and have never come across this problem. I went to the numeric solver category in the APPS menu and put in a numeric value. When I went back and put in an expression to be factored ex. (x^2-36). It gave me the answer -1*2*5, when the answer is (x-6)(x+6). I went back and deleted the numeric value but it still counts whenever I put in an expression to be factored. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM

Computer science news on Phys.org

bradhunterbbq said:
I have been using the ti-89 over over a year now and have never come across this problem. I went to the numeric solver category in the APPS menu and put in a numeric value. When I went back and put in an expression to be factored ex. (x^2-36). It gave me the answer -1*2*5, when the answer is (x-6)(x+6). I went back and deleted the numeric value but it still counts whenever I put in an expression to be factored. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM

I would, but this isn't a computer science issue - at least not necessarily. A specific software problem might be better suited for a room designated for those topics, such as this rooms sub-rooms. I honestly wouldn't know why your calculator isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing, but if I had the same problem, I wouldn't expect any of my computer science professors - nor anyone in my classes - because your issue doesn't pertain to computer science.

Perhaps you could call Texas Instruments for help? Try looking in your instruction manual for help on this matter, and if you can't find a solution then locate the help hotline or technical support line for Texas Instruments.

I understand that solving equations and factoring expressions can be a challenging task, especially when using a new tool such as the ti-89 titanium. It is important to note that the numeric solver in the APPS menu is designed to solve numerical values, not algebraic expressions. Therefore, it is not surprising that it gave you an incorrect answer when trying to factor an expression.

To solve equations and factor expressions on the ti-89 titanium, I recommend using the built-in algebraic solver in the MATH menu. This feature allows you to input algebraic expressions and equations and provides accurate solutions. Additionally, there are many online resources and tutorials available to help you learn how to use the ti-89 titanium effectively.

In the future, it is also important to double-check your inputs and make sure you are using the correct solver for the task at hand. I hope this helps to solve your problem and improve your experience with the ti-89 titanium. Good luck!

What is the Ti-89 Titanium calculator and how does it help with solving equations?

The Ti-89 Titanium calculator is a powerful graphing calculator that can solve equations and perform various mathematical functions. It has a built-in computer algebra system (CAS) that allows it to solve equations symbolically, making it a useful tool for solving complex equations and systems of equations.

How do I enter an equation into the Ti-89 Titanium calculator?

To enter an equation into the Ti-89 Titanium calculator, press the "F3" button and select "Algebra" from the menu. Then, select "Equation" and enter your equation using the keypad and arrow keys. Press "Enter" to solve the equation.

Can the Ti-89 Titanium calculator solve equations with multiple variables?

Yes, the Ti-89 Titanium calculator can solve equations with multiple variables. You can enter equations with up to four variables and the calculator will solve for the unknown variable. However, if there are more than four variables, the calculator may not be able to solve the equation.

What are some tips for using the Ti-89 Titanium calculator to solve equations?

Some tips for using the Ti-89 Titanium calculator to solve equations include using parentheses to group terms, using the "Simplify" function to simplify the equation before solving, and using the "Solve" function to solve for a specific variable. It is also helpful to familiarize yourself with the calculator's syntax and functions to make solving equations easier.

Can the Ti-89 Titanium calculator show step-by-step solutions for solving equations?

Yes, the Ti-89 Titanium calculator has a "Show Steps" feature that allows you to see the step-by-step process for solving an equation. To access this feature, press the "F2" button and select "Show Steps" from the menu. This can be helpful for understanding the process and checking your work.