Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators Ti-89 Titanium Problem

1. Mar 12, 2008 #1
    Hi, my cousin just gave me his Ti-89 Titanium calculator so I can use it for my classes which require heavy math, but it has a problem. The calculator will not shutdown and the screen will only go blank for a second and turns back on to its original state when I press 2nd and off to shut it. The way my cousin shut it before is to remove the batteries. I was wondering if there is any way to fix this on the Ti by myself without such a hassle of removing the batteries after every use.
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 16, 2008 #2

Gold Member

You can contact TI by e-mail (ti-cares at ti dot com) or 1-800-TI-CARES to see if they can offer any help.

A little googling finds the following:
    Source: http://www.fixya.com/support/t255039-ti_89_titanium_wont_turn_off
  4. Mar 17, 2008 #3
    Thanks for your help, the problem is now fixed :smile:
  5. Mar 30, 2009 #4
    I am turning on my 89 and the screen is full black. I can't do anything with it at all. Looking forward to hearing from someone who can help me.
  6. Mar 30, 2009 #5

Science Advisor

Turn down the contrast. You probably turned up the contrast while the batteries were dying, and now that you have fresh batteries, you need to turn down the contrast.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?