Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators Ti-89 Titanium - Stuck? Please help.

1. May 18, 2007 #1
    I was downloading a new OS onto my Titanium the other day and after it downloaded about 25%, it gave me some error and canceled downloading. Now, my Ti-89 is stuck in a "Waiting to receive..." screen. Left+Right+2nd+On doesn't work, and neither does taking out the batteries and putting them back in. What should I do?

Thank you.

- - -

By the way, this is my first post here. I can't wait to become a part of the community. My main interests are philosophy, quantum mechanics, astrophysics, cosmology, relativity, abstract and linear algebra, number theory, and some other things. I'm a high school freshman, so I'm stickin' around for a while. :devil: :biggrin:
    Last edited: May 19, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. May 18, 2007 #2
    I dunno about the 89's, but on the 83's if you take out the batteries, and the backup battery, it resets the memory. You could try that if the 89 has a backup battery. Check your instruction manual to see if it has one, otherwise you could try emailing Texas-Instruments customer service/tech support.
  4. Jul 2, 2007 #3
    the TI89 has a backup battery, you should be able to take it out by lifting the panel for the regular batteries, its right above them. you'll need to unscrew it with a small phillips head screw driver.

how did you manage to get interested in quantum mechanics, relativity, and abstract algebra as a freshman in highschool? most students don't get interested in those subjects as freshmen in college
  5. Dec 18, 2011 #4
    came to this forum to unstick my ti-89 and combined a few methods. hit keys in this order. 2nd, <, >, ON. should reset. did on mine when i accidentally hit approximate on an infinite function.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?