1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators Ti-89 Titanium - Stuck? Please help.

1. May 18, 2007 #1
    I was downloading a new OS onto my Titanium the other day and after it downloaded about 25%, it gave me some error and canceled downloading. Now, my Ti-89 is stuck in a "Waiting to receive..." screen. Left+Right+2nd+On doesn't work, and neither does taking out the batteries and putting them back in. What should I do?

Thank you.

- - -

By the way, this is my first post here. I can't wait to become a part of the community. My main interests are philosophy, quantum mechanics, astrophysics, cosmology, relativity, abstract and linear algebra, number theory, and some other things. I'm a high school freshman, so I'm stickin' around for a while. :devil: :biggrin:

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. May 18, 2007 #2
    I dunno about the 89's, but on the 83's if you take out the batteries, and the backup battery, it resets the memory. You could try that if the 89 has a backup battery. Check your instruction manual to see if it has one, otherwise you could try emailing Texas-Instruments customer service/tech support.

4. Jul 2, 2007 #3
    the TI89 has a backup battery, you should be able to take it out by lifting the panel for the regular batteries, its right above them. you'll need to unscrew it with a small phillips head screw driver.

how did you manage to get interested in quantum mechanics, relativity, and abstract algebra as a freshman in highschool? most students don't get interested in those subjects as freshmen in college

5. Dec 18, 2011 #4
    came to this forum to unstick my ti-89 and combined a few methods. hit keys in this order. 2nd, <, >, ON. should reset. did on mine when i accidentally hit approximate on an infinite function.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?