Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators Ti89 or hp50 or what? Need help

1. Jan 29, 2007 #1
    ti89 or hp50 or what? Need help!!

hi. I'm an econ student and taking courses like international economy, monetary econ, and econometry. in econometry we use statistical formulas and such. and lesson is full with formulas and some of them are long (including derivatives). I need an advice. I m looking for a calculator that I can store loads of formulas even proofs (long long formulas). So it needs to show formula with details. I dont know what to choose. It doesnt need to be graphical but if my needings exists on a graphical one I will choose no problem. As far as I saw that graphical calculators have huge screens that can store long formulas. So waiting for an advice I dont have a money limit just need to choose best one. I just noticed ti89 titanium and hp50g so need serious advice it doesn't need to be one of these. just waiting advice...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2007 #2

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Pick the one suits your buget and needs. The HP gives you the opportunity to use RPN, a superior entry method for calculators. Unfortunatly like Beta max was superior to VHS, the best does not always win.

4. Jan 29, 2007 #3
    yes but I said my needings so just need an advice. no limit for budget as far as if it supports my needings as I told in the main post

5. Jan 29, 2007 #4

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Either product will meet your needs.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?