Ticket Sales and Target Window for First Commercial Launch

In summary, AERA announced that it has begun ticket sales for future flights to space, and that the first launch will take place in December 2006.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
AERA Announces Ticket Sales and Target Window for First Commercial Launch December 2006

Temecula CA (SPX) May 13, 2005
Following the release of the animated presentation of the Altairis Rocket and agreements with the United States Air Force, Florida Space Authority and Cape Canaveral, AERA Corp. announced Thursday a target date has been chosen for the first flight of a civilian crew into space and that it has begun ticket sales for future flights.

Altairis will lift off from Cape Canaveral beginning in December 2006. Tickets go on sale this morning. [continued]
http://www.spacedaily.com/news/tourism-05p.html

Physics news on Phys.org
This is not the kind of thing I would want to be first in line for. I think I'll let them work the kinks out first.

Once again, another example in today's society of how business weenies are trying to mandate technical innovation. That will fail miseably. The real question is is will anyone get killed...

As the spaceship climbs, the Passenger Astronauts will be pressed increasingly into their couches as Altairis accelerates towards space, reaching 3.5 (g's) and a speed of more than 2,800 miles per hour.

They flight is supposed to reach an altitude of 80 miles (they say 30 miles above the atmosphere), and still suborbital.

The curvature of the Earth is markedly visible with the transparent blue atmosphere below. From the altitude of over 80 miles, the breadth of the view of Earth covers vast distances. The black sky is ablaze with stars, of both subtle and vibrant colors not fully perceived from the Earth's surface. From this remarkable viewpoint, the Sun brilliantly shines in a sea of blackness and the Moon drifts suspended as if you could seemingly reach out and touch it.

Throughout this time, each Passenger Astronaut will be in voice communication with the Mission Commander, the other fellow Passenger Astronauts, and their selected guests at the Launch Control Center on the ground.

While Altairis arcs through apogee the vehicle will be configured for reentry into the Earth's atmosphere. The reaction control thrusters will orientate and hold the vehicle to a predetermined attitude and the aerodynamic control system is deployed. The spacecraft will begin to decelerate as it encounters the denser atmosphere at lower altitudes, eventually becoming supersonic.

During this period the Passenger Astronauts will experience varying decelerations, briefly approaching 4 g's. Once subsonic, Altairis will deploy its main Para foil and begin a gentle, computer controlled and horizontal glide back to the spaceport. Altairis will briefly enter a holding pattern above the spaceport as it continues to descend for landing.

All for only a mere $250K. :rolleyes:

http://aeraspacetours.com/brochure/AST_Brochure.html

Last edited by a moderator:
All for only a mere $250K
...and I'll bet you don't even get lunch!

Honestly, assuming that all appears to be reasonably well managed, I would probably go if I had the money. If I had a real chance to experience space flight, here and now, I don't think I could pass it up. Or more to the point, it is much more likely that I would board the rocket than it is that I would have and extra 250K.

Ivan Seeking said:
...and I'll bet you don't even get lunch!

Honestly, assuming that all appears to be reasonably well managed, I would probably go if I had the money. If I had a real chance to experience space flight, here and now, I don't think I could pass it up. Or more to the point, it is much more likely that I would board the rocket than it is that I would have and extra 250K.
I would recommend having lunch after the trip. :rofl:

Ivan, you could sign up as steward, unless you want to get you spacepilot license and certification.

I wonder what they will do for pilot training - or will it be automated - control from the ground? :biggrin:

One has to be in pretty good shape to deal with 3.5 to 4 g.

I pulled 4 g's while pulling out of a dive, while doing this.

Real Player
http://xgen.vitalstream.com/mcrm.smi?media=1912406&package=1839022
http://www.aircombat.com

IMO, more than worth the money!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan, regarding dog-fighting, check out the book - "Boyd: The Fighter Pilot Who Changed the Art of War" by Robert Coram. Very profound.

Boyd was the 'best' dog-fighter the US ever had. He was undefeated. The military would not allow him in combat because he was too valuable to lose. Instead, he ended up training US pilots - basically his program was a precursor to 'Top Gun' and similar programs in the other branches.

Last edited:
Interesting, I'll definitely pick that up.

You can't do Air Combat without getting totally hooked on the subject. But I do wish that I had read about dog fighting and practiced on a video game before going up. There are many basics that are easily learned, that can be practiced ahead of time by using games.

1. What is the target window for the first commercial launch of tickets?

The target window for the first commercial launch of tickets is typically determined by the company or organization hosting the event. It may vary depending on factors such as venue availability, production schedules, and marketing strategies. It is recommended to check the website or social media pages of the event for the most accurate and up-to-date information on the target window for ticket sales.

2. When will tickets go on sale for the event?

The exact date and time for ticket sales may vary depending on the event and its organizers. It is best to check the event website or social media pages for updates on when tickets will go on sale. Typically, tickets for popular events may sell out quickly, so it is important to stay informed and purchase tickets as soon as they become available.

3. How much will tickets cost?

The price of tickets can vary greatly depending on the event, venue, and seating options. It is recommended to check the event website or ticketing platform for the most accurate and up-to-date pricing information. Some events may also offer early bird or discounted tickets, so it is important to stay updated on any promotions or sales.

4. Are there any discounts or promotions available for ticket sales?

It is common for events to offer discounts or promotions for ticket sales, especially for early bird or group purchases. It is recommended to check the event website or social media pages for any available discounts or promotions. Some events may also offer discounts for students, seniors, or military personnel.

5. Can I purchase tickets in person or only online?

The availability of in-person ticket sales may vary depending on the event and its organizers. It is recommended to check the event website or social media pages for information on where and how to purchase tickets. Some events may offer both online and in-person ticket sales options, while others may only offer one method. It is important to follow the instructions provided by the event organizers to ensure a smooth ticket purchasing process.