Yes, according to the standard theory. Note that you need mater or energy in order to define distance (between two particles, for instance) or time (between two events), so that space and time can not be defined without mater/energy.
On the other hand, there is an increasing number of models that do not require a creation event and are not ruled out by cosmological observations...
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving