Discovering Time: A Fun Exploration | Dr. Physica's Tips

• Thread starter ddr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, the conversation revolves around a theory of time proposed by the website author, which they believe to be a new discovery. However, others argue that it is similar to Einstein's theory of relativity. The author explains that time is a variable closely dependent on the conditions in the observed system, but others point out that this is already a concept in relativity. There is also discussion about the accuracy of the calculations and the potential for the theory to earn a Nobel Prize.
Physics news on Phys.org
Care to explain to me how that works?

Originally posted by cytokinesis
Care to explain to me how that works?
I can just give you a clue:
your watch has time t, periods n and frequency f related in n=ft.
pick two events, for instance event1=(0r,1r/s,0s) and event2=(1r,1r/s,1s).and find the parametar equations for n,f,t.just have in mind that the normal vector doesn't have the equation presented on my page. it is (1r,t*(r/s)/s,f*s/(r/s)).
the equation of the plane will be:
(ft,f,t)=a(1r,1(s/s)*(r/s),1(r/s)*s*(s/r))+b(1r,0(s/s)(r/s),1(r/s)*s*(s/r));

solve 'b' thru 'a' and 'a' is the pure quantum of time. assign seconds to 'a' and you have time('a'*sec=inner time of the watch<>t).

And what does that prove? The fact that we measure time?

Wow... this is... absolutely groundbreaking...

And what does that prove? The fact that we measure time?

Wow... this is... absolutely groundbreaking...
No the time you measure is proportional with the inner time of your watch and it doesn't apply on any other system cause every system more precizely every trajectory in every system has it's own time.

It says that in order to come up with time:
-you have to have a law or a regulation equation for some system,
-trajectory which is set of consequential legel events,
-parametar equations dependent on pure number which happened to be the very quantum of time;
-finally, time is not just free variable like space is but it depends on the conditions in the system you want to come up with time for.

So you're restating Einstein's discovery that Newton's 'universal clock' idea was wrong?

So you're restating Einstein's discovery that Newton's 'universal clock' idea was wrong?
you might say it's new discovery of time but it has nothing to do with Einstein's theories.

Originally posted by ddr
you might say it's new discovery of time but it has nothing to do with Einstein's theories.

Um..no.

That all time is different to each object relative to everything else IS what Special Relativity an General Relativity is all about. You've discovered nothing new.

Originally posted by neutroncount
Um..no.

That all time is different to each object relative to everything else IS what Special Relativity an General Relativity is all about. You've discovered nothing new.
my approach is slightly different from the Einstein's one. from my point of view time is a variable closesly dependent on the conditions in the observed system. in my approach you you won't find dilatiion or things. in einstein's approach you will not find the fact that time remains the same when the system remains only in one state.
and things...
i was expecting from you to argue about the normal vector on my page cause the way it is is wrong.but apparenly you didn't paid enough attention...

Why are you putting poor data/incorrect calculations with your theories? It doesn't usually make people want to believe the things you have to say if your calculations are incorrect. They assume you don't know what you're doing and you're not worth the time, and the effort. I didn't bother paying much attention to the math on your page, but I got the ideas down, and it's basically the same as SR man.

From Einstein's point of view, time was closely dependent on the conditions of the observed system. If the observed system is moving in unison with the observing system, neither of them notice any changes in time or measurements made, because their minds both shrink and slow down at the same rate. Within the system, there is no time dilation because all the measuring equipment slows down at the exact same rate. It is when the measurements are made outside the co-ordinate system that time slows down, and everything shrinks.

Originally posted by ddr
from my point of view time is a variable closesly dependent on the conditions in the observed system. in my approach you you won't find dilatiion or things. in einstein's approach you will not find the fact that time remains the same when the system remains only in one state.
Actually, your first sentence fits with relativity (sorta), your second doesn't, and your third does.

You may want to read a little more on relativity and its implications. Relativity itself deals primarily with how the laws of physics work in different reference frames and its implications explain how it works BETWEEN different reference frames.

IE, if all you are doing is observing motion in one reference frame, relativity doesn't do much for you except assure you that the laws of physics work.

When moving between or comparing two different reference frames, then things like time dilation become important.

Originally posted by russ_watters
if all you are doing is observing motion in one reference frame, relativity doesn't do much for you except assure you that the laws of physics work.When moving between or comparing two different reference frames, then things like time dilation become important.

My observation is fixed to the equilibrium points and since they carry no energy and no force acts upon them I'll have the simpliest view over the observed phenomena but...
since the rest don't want to share my point of view I guees I should consider relativity or translating my self.

Well, when you win a nobel prize, I will applaud you, but I'm doubtful that will happen with this theory. Sorry.

1. What is the concept of time?

The concept of time is a fundamental aspect of the universe that measures the duration of events and the sequence in which they occur. It is often referred to as the fourth dimension and is used to measure the intervals between moments or events.

2. How do we perceive time?

Our perception of time is based on our experiences and our internal clock, which is controlled by our brain. It is influenced by factors such as emotions, attention, and memory, which can make time feel slower or faster.

3. Can time be manipulated?

According to Einstein's theory of relativity, time can be affected by gravity and speed. This means that time can be manipulated by changing the rate at which an object moves or the strength of the gravitational field it is in.

4. What is the role of time in the universe?

Time is a crucial aspect of the universe, as it allows for the progression of events and the measurement of change. It plays a role in the laws of physics and helps us understand the behavior of matter, energy, and space.

5. How can we explore and understand time?

Exploring and understanding time can be done through various scientific disciplines such as physics, astronomy, and neuroscience. We can also explore time through philosophical and cultural perspectives, as it is a concept that has intrigued humans for centuries.