1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Time delay chart

1. Jul 24, 2014 #1
    Hello, can someone please tell me how to draw this time chart? I got this from a friend and I don't understand how he got it.
    A, B, C emit hazard at output Y.

Here are the circuit diagram and the time delay my friend drew.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 24, 2014 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

looks like A starts out as 1 pulse

B goes from 1 to o at t0

B' goes thru the inverter and becomes a 1 at t1 (it takes time for the NOT gate to output the new state)

consequently AB' becomes a 1 at t2 (it takes time for the AND gate to output the new state)

Does that make sense?

4. Jul 24, 2014 #3
    what about Y and what about B after t0? Could you explain those too so I can see how it goes? Please....

5. Jul 24, 2014 #4

berkeman

He/she is just tracing the propagation delays through the logic to figure out how long it takes for changes at the inputs to propagate to the output Y.

What is the actual problem statement? The circuit looks related to your other thread, BTW?

6. Jul 24, 2014 #5
    My problem is how to know how long it takes.

7. Jul 24, 2014 #6

berkeman

How long what takes? Do you need to find how many prop delay times (tpd) it takes from one of the inputs changing until Y is stable? Which input(s)?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted