1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Time-dependant Schrödinger Equation Help.

1. Jan 31, 2008 #1
    I have a project to work on that's due by mid March.

I would need to write a computer program, to show how a wave packet reflect off a barrier? How much of the wave reflects off a wall of finite height and thickness, and how much tunnels through?

I remember doing something similar in my first Quantum Mechanics class last term, but we only covered the Time-Independent Schrödinger equation, and I remember that the concepts got me slightly confused.

Unfortunately I do not own the Quantum Mechanics book, I borrowed one from one of the professors in the department.

What equations would be of great use to me? And how would I go about to actually start on the project?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 1, 2008 #2

f95toli

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Look up "split-operator FFT", it is a numerical method which should work well for this problem.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?