Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace Time period of phugoid

1. Apr 19, 2012 #1
    Hello, I have made program for simulating aircraft motion.
    I am able to obtain natural modes of motion like phugoid, short phugoid, etc.
    but to check whether it is simulating correctly, I need to validate it with some existing data,
    so i tried to compare the time period of phugoid of Boeing 747-200 with some data but it seems nowhere on the internet I am able to obtain the time periods of phugoid motion of different aircrafts like boeing 747, cessna 182, beechcraft 99, etc.
    Can somebody suggest a good source where this data will available ? or atleast tell the reason why such time period data is hard to obtain ?

Even approximate time periods will be helpful.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 19, 2012 #2

boneh3ad

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It will be hard because it is probably proprietary.

4. Apr 19, 2012 #3
    Thanks for the reply. But can i get approximate time periods like after searching i found that 747 has phugoid time period of about 93 seconds.
    Like so and so family of aircrafts have phugoid time periods in so and so range ???

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook