Time problem, I am having too much trouble trying to solve ?

• Thread starter bmack
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, Steve Weldon ate 91m of spaghetti in 29 seconds. To determine how long it would take him to eat 5m, you need to divide 91m by 29s to get the rate at which he eats spaghetti. Then, divide 5m by that rate to get the time it would take him to eat 5m, which is approximately 1.6 seconds. The 29 seconds mentioned in the problem is the time it takes him to eat 91m of spaghetti, not his speed.
bmack
In 1977 Steve Weldon ate 91m of spaghetti in 29s. At the same speed how long would it take Mr. Weldon to eat 5m?

Okay, I believe they are asking for the time...so the formula would be

Time= d/V so what I did was divide the 5m by 29 and that does not make sense do I have to convert the 5m? :confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
Why divide by 29? Is v=29?

Okay after sleepinng on it I see what it is I did wrong. I was supposed to divide 91/29 to get 3.137...rounded gives me 3.14 so then I divide the 5/3.14=1.6 and that's my answer.

I solved it but I am still confused. I was assuming that 29s was my speed. It is actually my time? what is it that I am not understanding.

Please someone entertain my question. I know it may be right under my nose but I am really lost even though I solved it. I guess I just want to make sure I am reading the question correctly:frown:

Yes, 29 seconds is time. It is time in which he eats 91 m of spaghetti. So 91m/29s is the rate at which he eats the spaghetti, expressed in the length of spaghetti. So once, you have that rate, you can find out how long it takes him to eat any amount of spaghetti. Does that make things clearer?

1. What is the concept of time?

The concept of time is a measure of the duration between events. It is used to organize and understand the sequence of events in our daily lives.

2. How does time affect our daily lives?

Time affects our daily lives in many ways. It helps us plan and schedule our activities, keeps us on track, and helps us meet deadlines. Time also allows us to age, grow, and change.

3. What is the theory of relativity and how does it relate to time?

The theory of relativity, proposed by Albert Einstein, states that time is relative and can be affected by factors such as gravity and velocity. This means that time can pass at different rates for different observers, and it is not an absolute concept.

4. How can we manage our time effectively?

There are many strategies for managing time effectively, such as creating a schedule, setting priorities, and avoiding distractions. It is also important to take breaks and prioritize self-care in order to maintain productivity.

5. Is time travel possible?

While time travel is a popular concept in science fiction, it is currently not possible according to our current understanding of physics. However, some theories suggest that it may be possible in the future with advanced technology and understanding of the universe.