Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Time to say goodbye

1. Dec 20, 2012 #1

Borek

Staff: Mentor

It was a great pleasure meeting all of you people, discussing things with you, be it those scientifically valuable or those small and petty subjects that appear randomly from nowhere. Discussions, moderation and administration of the forum were all a source of great pleasure to me, and I really appreciate years spent at PF, but nothing lasts for ever. I am afraid our voyage together came to an end.

Honesty doesn't allow me to promise things I am not sure I will be able to deliver. In the anticipation of the upcoming events I can't assume I will have enough time and stamina to be able to spend so many hours on the forum I used to. I will do my best to help moderate and administrate the forum till the end of the world, but not any longer.

Goodbye!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 20, 2012 #2

berkeman

Is it almost midnight in Poland?

4. Dec 20, 2012 #3

chemisttree

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You haven't made it to the PF Mentors EOTW bunker by now?

5. Dec 20, 2012 #4

Evo

Oh NOOO!! Borek! We forgot to tell him about the EOTW PF bunker!

Fortunately a brave soul will be jumping through a magic portal tomorrow that will save the world, so, back to work buddy!

6. Dec 20, 2012 #5

Borg

Gold Member

Not to worry. I've invented a time machine and will go back in time to visit the Mayans to convince them to add more time to their calendar. I have some scheduling conflicts though, so I probably won't be able to go until next week.

7. Dec 20, 2012 #6

Evo

:bugeye:

8. Dec 20, 2012 #7
    It's true that the world will be ending tomorrow... for certain people. How many people die on average every day? Probably in the thousands? For thousands of people, tomorrow will be the end of the world. I hope we're not one of them.

9. Dec 20, 2012 #8

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It was 13 minutes past midnight when Borek posted. Now we have lost radio contact.

10. Dec 20, 2012 #9

Curious3141

Homework Helper

Why does this sound so similar to "I have a marvellous proof, but the margin is too small to contain it."? :biggrin:

11. Dec 20, 2012 #10
    Happy New Baktun, Borek.

12. Dec 20, 2012 #11

Evo

:surprised

13. Dec 20, 2012 #12

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I suppose these are receiving lots of play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzqiPvGrkTo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-5oGnvfUEU

14. Dec 20, 2012 #13

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzA6Gl5CYYU

15. Dec 21, 2012 #14

Borek

Well, world didn't end. I feel cheated.

16. Dec 21, 2012 #15

Evo

I woke up, a searing light in the sky blinded me. I was certain the world was ending, but NOOooOOO, just another sunny day. :grumpy:

17. Dec 21, 2012 #16

Curious3141

Homework Helper

It ain't over till it becomes 12mn on the 22nd in Mexico. It's like the "Ides of March have come, but not gone" deal. :biggrin:

18. Dec 21, 2012 #17
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162...dar-reaches-its-end-world-doesnt-follow-suit/

19. Dec 22, 2012 #18
    Our voyage will continue on PF. No more doomsday predictions.

20. Dec 23, 2012 #19
    You've helped me and many other people. For years, patiently. I and all those people are in debt with you, so I'll think in buying Chembuddy suite someday. Until I have a functional Paypal or card.
    Thanks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook