Welcome to the New World of Science!

• Thread starter Drakkith
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hello Time
In summary, the apocalypticon caused the other half of the world to go to Florida. However, because we are still alive, the Adjustment Bureau was able to prevent the alien invasion and we should pay our respects to those who were martyred defending our planet.
Drakkith
Mentor
Hello all!
Welcome to the new "not explodypocalypsed" world!
Have a seat, take your coat off, and let's get down to the business of discussing SCIENCE!

Physics news on Phys.org
Happy New Baktun!

I'm celebrating with a Jimmy Johns Italian Nightclub.

Seems like just yesterday it was a new millennium. Now, a new Baktun. I have half a mind to take a shower.

I just have half a mind. The apocalypticon caused the other half to go to Florida. I half-think so anyway.

jim mcnamara said:
I just have half a mind. The apocalypticon caused the other half to go to Florida. I half-think so anyway.

Half of mine is here, half of mine is there, and half of mine is everywhere!

I used to have vast ideas. Now they're just half-vast.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I used to have vast ideas. Now they're just half-vast.

Like a flag at half-mast Jimmy.
*salute*

All this apocalypse stuff has made me grumpy.

phinds said:
All this apocalypse stuff has made me grumpy.

Grumpy Phinds needs a bone.

5380754640_31d187603b_b.jpg

jedishrfu said:
Every day is like a new day.

That's because they separate out the grunge in a centrifuge before they reuse them.

Drakkith said:
Grumpy Phinds needs a bone.

5380754640_31d187603b_b.jpg
I need a grumpy dog to keep Duke company.

Hello.

Nooo. You don't get it. The fact that we are still alive means that the guys back in *insert name of popular secret agency* manged to prevent the alien invasion. We should pay our respects to those who were martyred defending our planet.

As ends of the world (EOTW) go, and I've suffered through quite a few of them, this time promised to be one of the best. Not only was there the Mayan prediction, but also, Nibiru, the Bible, the Bible Code, Nostradamus, Gangnam Style, and the galactic alignment all came together to make an EOTW prophesy for the ages. The outcome was disappointing. Of course, you can't expect to compete with the Hale-Bopp EOTW with those suicides. But even the Harold Camping EOTWs were better.

mishrashubham said:
Nooo. You don't get it. The fact that we are still alive means that the guys back in *insert name of popular secret agency* manged to prevent the alien invasion. We should pay our respects to those who were martyred defending our planet.

The Adjustment Bureau

1. What does "Welcome to the New World of Science!" mean?

"Welcome to the New World of Science!" is a phrase that refers to the rapidly developing and evolving field of science, where new discoveries and advancements are constantly being made.

2. What are some examples of the "New World of Science"?

The "New World of Science" includes fields such as artificial intelligence, biotechnology, nanotechnology, and quantum computing. It also encompasses emerging areas like space exploration, renewable energy, and genetic engineering.

3. How has the "New World of Science" impacted society?

The "New World of Science" has greatly impacted society by improving our understanding of the world and universe, providing new technologies and innovations, and enhancing our daily lives. It has also raised ethical and social concerns that must be addressed as these advancements continue.

4. What skills are necessary to succeed in the "New World of Science"?

In order to succeed in the "New World of Science," one must have strong critical thinking skills, the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with others, and a willingness to continuously learn and adapt to new technologies and methods.

5. What can we expect to see in the future of the "New World of Science"?

The future of the "New World of Science" is constantly changing and evolving, but some potential developments include further advancements in artificial intelligence, the use of gene editing to cure diseases, and the exploration and potential colonization of other planets.