Time travel

I just finished watching a documentary called The World's First Time Machine on youtube about a dude trying to use lasers to send particles back in time. It's kinda old but I'm sure a lot of you have already seen it. I can link it if you want.
But they were acting like the dude was on the brink of making this thing work, yet I haven't heard anything further on it.
Anyone know anything about it or if what he was trying to do is even possible?

Answers and Replies

I think I remember reading something like this, about particles and time travel, in Physics of the Impossible by Michio Kaku. I think he said they hadn't been able to do it (send them back in time anyway), and as far as I know it's impossible. I'm not sure if it was the same thing, or even if I remember correctly. Either way it was a great book.

Just how would you even know if such a thing was a success? You would have to be expecting and looking for the result prior to doing the experiment. And, what would happen if you got a positive result, and then decided not to do the experiment?

Evo
Mentor
It was a show on tv from several years ago hyping Ron Mallett's now failed attempt at opening a portal to the future. You can google on him if you want more information. There have also been a number of threads discussing this already.