Are the Various Arrows of Time Correlated?

• Thread starter ghadir-jafari
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary: I think the article does a better job of explaining things without going into too much detail about the many-worlds interpretation.
ghadir-jafari
does the various arrows of time correlated?
or how many of them are correlated?
1-arrow of time in radiation
2-thermodynamics arrow of time
3-cosmology arrow of time
4-quantum mechanical arrow of time
5-CP violation in weak interactions (!?)

whats do you thinks?

Physics news on Phys.org
Could you re-phrase the question?

what of this arrows are result of other?
for example why the the thermodynamic is result of cosmology time arrow?

Ah, you've been reading Wikipedia!

The arrow of time is merely a reference to the fact that time (to us) appears to move in one direction only, from past to future or cause to effect.

The fact that this process can be observed in different branches of the subject and in some cases correlated between them is merely an artefact of our arbitrary separation of those subjects.

What you are asking is akin to the question 'Is the 2 in
K.E = 1/2Mv^2 the same as the one in c=2Pi*r?'

I like this time's arrow concept. It would seem to me that if the universe started out as a singularity, then time couldn't be the fourth dimension.

How can the fourth dimension begin before a first?

Why doesn't relative time dilation have an effect on mass with vectors perpendicular to a velocity?

Isn't special relativity better explained by a variance in time through an angular perspective? Everything seems to strike an object at the speed of light, which would mean time couldn't be the fourth dimension. The issue would be vector based.

Only one value is needed to reposition a video (move forward or backward in time). Time is single dimensional with regard to audio and video moments.

Energy has no relative-time. Yet, it traverses a span. Velocity still exists. Couldn't time feed both velocity and relative time?

Gravity creates acceleration but two objects can have the same radius to a body and different relative time dilation. One was simply released above the other. Velocity being the only cause of time dilation would lead one to believe that time is one-dimensional.

If time were actually the fourth dimension, wouldn't this rise energy through time to infinity? Every Planck moment holding a universe would be costly.

Now, if time is a current, a one-dimensional issue, doesn't gravity suddenly become understandable? If time is a current and there is potential, a resistive element must exist. And gravity exits any amount of mass.

It seems to me, that all the forces in physics unifies, if we alter our perspective of time.

The time arrow resulting from statistical mechanics is the most relevant one. It determines how the information is stored, and therefore, how we, as humans, perceive the world.

Second Law of Thermodynamics is the great example of this. It's not that th entropy is always increasing. It's that to store information, it needs to be increased. And that means, the direction in time which leads to increasing entropy is the future direction.

Of course, since expansion of the universe is the reason for increasing entropy, all other kinds tie into it, and we have a persistent "time flow".

It all makes a lot more sense in context of Many Worlds Interpretation. Under MWI, the global entropy is conserved, but entropy of each world is increasing.

I'm of a mind that reality is based on a single value, 'c'. Things are only real when they meet the value of it---even the conduct of a static state. I would only be shocked if things, didn't, pop in and out of existence. I simply don't buy into MWI. In my mind, it would kill cause and effect, equal and opposite. Physics seems to work very well with its predictions.

For every static state, there must be a conductive flow at 90 degrees. Inertia is supported by time and has velocity, the factor used to determine the static state. Inertia is a static state for a potential kinetic possibility and something is at 90 degrees from it. If time is the flow that holds the static state, then suddenly Lorentz’s equation makes perfect sense (still meaning time is the first dimension). There must be time flowing equal to the energy---this is profound.

I think there are many alternate realities based off another value to the speed of energy. A dream has a lower value (concepts). We can't fit into them, we have too much energy.

We have a universe and we seem to know where the origin is. This is a titanic understanding. It means beyond a doubt that universes can be created---we have one.

Last edited:
I apologize for concept of ‘c’ being the single value for realty. Though, I feel this offers nothing new, noting that Einstein first coined the phrase, relative-velocity. Special relativity has been under test for decades now. No one I know argues that energy doesn’t transfer at the speed of energy, and that this would be a future expectation as well.

1. What is meant by the "arrows of time"?

The "arrows of time" refer to various physical phenomena that appear to only move in one direction, from past to future. These include the thermodynamic arrow of time (where entropy always increases), the psychological arrow of time (where we remember the past but not the future), and the cosmological arrow of time (where the universe expands over time).

2. Are these arrows of time correlated with each other?

Yes, these arrows of time are believed to be correlated, meaning that they are interconnected and influence each other. For example, the thermodynamic arrow of time is thought to be related to the cosmological arrow of time, as the expansion of the universe affects the flow of energy and the increase of entropy.

3. Is there any evidence for the correlation between these arrows of time?

While there is still much debate and research being conducted in this area, some studies have shown correlations between the arrows of time. For example, research has shown that the psychological arrow of time may be related to the thermodynamic arrow of time, as our perception of time passing is influenced by the increase of entropy.

4. How does the concept of time asymmetry relate to the arrows of time?

Time asymmetry refers to the fact that time only moves in one direction, from past to future. The arrows of time are a manifestation of this time asymmetry, as they describe physical processes that only move in one direction. Therefore, the concept of time asymmetry is closely related to the arrows of time.

5. Is it possible for the arrows of time to reverse or for time to flow backwards?

While some theories, such as the "arrow of time reversal" theory, suggest that the arrows of time could potentially reverse or time could flow backwards, there is currently no evidence to support this idea. The majority of scientific evidence and theories suggest that the arrows of time are irreversible and that time only moves in one direction.