Times must be really bad for the UK

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Uk
In summary, the conversation is about the British royal family, specifically the fact that Prince Philip has taken a job and that the Queen will be doing a traffic report from a helicopter. Some participants in the conversation express negative opinions about the royal family, while others defend it. One person suggests abolishing the royal family and reforming the House of Lords.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Things have gotten so bad that the good Prince had to take a job!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVKx4mV3Bwo

Physics news on Phys.org
hahaha! :smile:

He'll need a steady job after the Brits kick the royal family where it will do the most good.

He's got a good sense of humor.

Haha! He's good o:)

Tomorrow, Her Majesty the Queen will do the traffic report from the Sky 8 chopper.

Jimmy Snyder said:
He'll need a steady job after the Brits kick the royal family where it will do the most good.

What? And lose the tourism money from you lot who pay through the nose to see the queen's bathroom and dogs...

Ergh, of all the members of the Royal Family they had to pick the homeopath supporting fool. They should have got Prince Philip, at least then it would have been entertaining when he says something xenophobic.

I think we'll know we're in trouble when the Queen has to share space with advertising on the money :tongue2:

I'm glad we have a Royal Family, the opinions of a few jealous Americans won't change that.

TheMadMonk said:
I'm glad we have a Royal Family, the opinions of a few jealous Americans won't change that.
Her majesty's a pretty nice girl.

TheMadMonk said:
Ideally I'd like the Royal Family abolished along with a drastic reform of the archaic House of Lords to really pull us out of our past. Pragmatically though there are more important things to be getting on with than removing a tourist attraction (although I'm very glad a Lords reform is on the cards, the fact that we have theocratic elements in our government is abhorrent).

1. What indicators show that times are bad for the UK?

Some indicators that times may be bad for the UK include a decline in economic growth, a rise in unemployment rates, and a decrease in consumer spending. Other factors such as political instability and social unrest can also be signs of difficult times for a country.

2. How does the current state of the UK economy compare to previous years?

The current state of the UK economy has been impacted by various events such as Brexit and the COVID-19 pandemic. While the economy has seen growth in recent years, it has also experienced periods of decline. Overall, the current state of the economy is considered to be more challenging compared to previous years.

3. What are some potential consequences of difficult times for the UK?

Difficult times for the UK can have various consequences such as a decrease in foreign investment, a decrease in consumer confidence, and a decrease in global competitiveness. These can lead to a decrease in job opportunities, a decrease in economic stability, and a decrease in overall quality of life for citizens.

4. How are the government and other institutions addressing the challenges facing the UK?

The UK government and other institutions are taking various measures to address the challenges facing the country. These include implementing economic policies to stimulate growth, providing support for businesses and individuals affected by economic downturns, and investing in infrastructure and other industries to create new job opportunities.

5. How can individuals and businesses prepare for difficult times in the UK?

Individuals and businesses can prepare for difficult times in the UK by creating emergency savings, diversifying their investments, and staying informed about the current state of the economy. It is also important to be adaptable and open to change in order to navigate challenging times effectively.