Tips for SAT Math level 1 and chemistry

Good luck on your test! In summary, the individual is seeking advice for studying for their upcoming SAT II subject tests and is specifically concerned with memorizing formulas and molecular geometry. They have used resources such as Barron's and Spark Notes books and consistently score around 620, but aim to score above a 700. Additionally, there is a discussion about helpful tips for memorizing molecular geometry and a question about which formulas to focus on for the Chemistry SAT II test.
PublicEnemy
I'm taking the SAT II subject tests saturday and I know it's a bit late but I need to cram. I have done barron's for math and spark notes book for chemistry and I consistently get around 620's on both. I'd like to get above a 700 but I'm having trouble.

1. Are these all of the formulas I should memorize?: http://www.erikthered.com/tutor/facts-and-formulas-2a.pdf

2. Does anyone have tips for remembering molecular geometry? I seem to struggle with this the most on chem

3. What formulas should I memorize for chem?

thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
!1. Yes, that is a great resource for formulas you should memorize for both the Math and Chemistry SAT II Subject Tests. 2. One of the best ways to remember molecular geometry is by drawing out the structures of each molecule and memorizing their shapes. Additionally, you can use mnemonics to help you remember the different shapes, such as "Linear Molecules Look Like Lines". 3. For the Chemistry SAT II Subject Test, you should memorize formulas related to stoichiometry, thermodynamics, organic chemistry, acids and bases, equilibrium, and electrochemistry. Additionally, it is important to know the periodic table and its various properties.

1. What are some general tips for preparing for the SAT Math level 1 exam?

Some general tips for preparing for the SAT Math level 1 exam include practicing with past exams and official study materials, understanding the format and structure of the exam, and familiarizing yourself with the types of questions that will be asked. It is also important to review and brush up on fundamental math concepts, and to manage your time effectively during the exam.

2. How can I improve my performance in SAT Math level 1?

To improve your performance in SAT Math level 1, it is important to identify and work on your weaknesses. This can be done by practicing with a variety of math problems and seeking help from a tutor or teacher if needed. It is also beneficial to review and memorize essential formulas and to develop a strategic approach for tackling different types of questions.

3. What are some tips for solving chemistry problems on the SAT?

Some tips for solving chemistry problems on the SAT include carefully reading and understanding the question, identifying the key concepts and formulas needed to solve the problem, and showing all your work and calculations. It is also helpful to practice with timed practice tests and to review common chemical reactions and concepts.

4. How can I manage my time effectively during the SAT Math level 1 and chemistry sections?

To manage your time effectively during the SAT Math level 1 and chemistry sections, it is important to be aware of the time limits for each section and to pace yourself accordingly. It can also be helpful to quickly scan and prioritize the questions based on difficulty, skipping over the more challenging ones and coming back to them later if time allows.

5. Are there any specific study materials that you recommend for SAT Math level 1 and chemistry?

The College Board offers official study materials for the SAT Math level 1 and chemistry exams, including practice tests and study guides. Other popular study materials include review books from reputable publishers, online practice resources, and private tutoring or test prep courses. It is important to choose study materials that align with your learning style and needs.