1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tips on getting a summer internship? (electrical engineering)

1. Jan 27, 2013 #1
    Hey all I'm a student in ontario, canada looking for a summer internship for this upcoming summer (June - August)

I have 4+ years of professional work experience (marketing, business development, public relations and IT), a bachelors degree in media technology but fell in love with electrical engineering naturally and went to college to pursue a 2 year technology diploma.

As such, I know experience is key and i would love to get a summer internship that will hopefully transition to something stable afterwards. Any suggestions? Tips? Websites or resources that I could use? I honestly am up to travelling anywhere in canada, and even the usa if the opportunity arises. I really have no qualms so long as I can get in with an employer that will give me a chance to prove to them that I'm a quick learner and a hard worker.

FYI my college does offer a 12 month long co-op program but with my experiences and being a bit older I am hoping that I can find a small stint on my own and go full time when i graduate next year. A risk yes...but I'm sure I can find something!

Thanks everyone!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted