1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tips TAing?

1. Sep 7, 2009 #1
    Should I challenge my class with interesting puzzles, or drone on and crank out answers to standard problems? Any tips?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 7, 2009 #2

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper

You can sprinkle "interesting" (I take it you mean Difficult) problems here and there, just not too often!. You have to consider the students need to put time to other classes as well.

4. Sep 7, 2009 #3

Nabeshin

Science Advisor

Interested students no doubt hate the droning and would appreciate challenging problems that provide insight and interesting little problem solving tricks.

Those who are either required to take the class or are simply interested only in passing will prefer a thorough beat-down with questions similar to exam material.

Look at your audience and decide what these proportions look like an plan accordingly.

5. Sep 7, 2009 #4
    This is a required class, and I fear many will not share my enthusiasm.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook