Titration Help .

• Thread starter Dynamis
  • Start date
Question:
Prepare a standard solution of oxalic acid (approx. 0.05M). Use it to find the conc of the given solution of CaCOH. Use this to standardize the given solution of HCl.

So basically I am suppose to do this as an inclass lab. I will be given a 250 ml volumetric flask where i will have to mix water and a calculated amount of oxalic acid in solid form in it. How will I do the calculations and how will I approach this lab. I'm so lost. Any help would great, thanks in advance!

Borek

Mentor
Any textbook on analytical chemistry covers alkalimetric titration, together with precise recipes and how-tos.

Dynamis said:
Question:
Prepare a standard solution of oxalic acid (approx. 0.05M). Use it to find the conc of the given solution of CaCOH. Use this to standardize the given solution of HCl.

So basically I am suppose to do this as an inclass lab. I will be given a 250 ml volumetric flask where i will have to mix water and a calculated amount of oxalic acid in solid form in it. How will I do the calculations and how will I approach this lab. I'm so lost. Any help would great, thanks in advance!
keep in mind that oxalic acid is a diprotic acid, so it will take half the amount of oxalic acid (moles) to neutralize all of the base.

Thanks for the response guys, I did pretty good on this inclass lab exam today, as far as the calculations went, but the actual titrating and stuff was a little weird as I overfilled my volumetric flask and some other weird stuff. Overall I did alright, but thanks anyway for the help.