Okay this maybe a silly question but I had to ask. In school we are making standard solution to perform a titration. To do this we measured in grams a sample of oxalic acid and mixed in water and then made the solution up to mark in a volumetric flask. When I did my titration; as I was mixing my oxalic acid in water I realized there was a tiny very tiny piece of hair in it. I have no idea how it got there. It was really small BUT our teacher said that we had to be sure to measure the mass of the acid used very accurately. So my question is how much can a tiny piece of hair affect the mass?? Also When I had made my solution up to mark in the volumetric flask, I transferred it into a bottle using a funnel which was slightly wet. It probably had 3-4 droplets of water in it. Can a few droplets cause significant changes in volume? Would it be better to start again and make a new solution?