1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

To be a member

1. Dec 22, 2005 #1
    Do you know how to become a member of Physics Union ? or a member of ACM ? etc. some of the professors in my friends' schools write introduction about themselves "A member of IEEE" in bold. it looks like a Olympic gold medal they show readers. I also want to be a member :frown:
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 22, 2005 #2
    Most of the time is just involves paying a yearly fee.

Have you visited the websites of the specific organizations you wish to join? They definitely have a section devoted to how one can become a member.

For example -- I'm a student member of the IEEE. I just had to sign up and pay my yearly fees, and I get plenty of cool benefits. Magazines, access to journals and articles, an email address @ieee.org, etc.
  4. Dec 23, 2005 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

The problem here is that this person did not bother to indicate where in the world he/she is (either in the post or in the profile). I've never heard of a "Physics Union". APS, yes, but not Physics Union. Different parts of the world have their own professional organizations.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?