Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

To Briggs or not to Briggs

1. Dec 13, 2009 #1
    So what do you guys think? I am with Hawking they never will find the Briggs particle. I think lots of people are going to be stubborn about it and persist, but still I think a new set of physics will be up for study sometime in the future.

edit

wow what a brain fart. yes I was arguing with the kids at the time I wrote BRIGGS LOL

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2009 #2

Jonathan Scott

Gold Member

I think you need to get your brain adjusted. Try "Hawking" and "Higgs particle" for a start.

4. Dec 13, 2009 #3
    I am the parent that always messes their friends and kids names up, or out of the blue just combines three words of the English language. Yeah sorry I am a bit scatterbrained I tried to write BE HIGGS and probably answering a kids question with an R word when I typed that. If you were raising three youngins by yourself your head might need checked too lol.

But thanks for noticing, if you can overlook my typing skills I'll overlook your warm personality deal?

5. Dec 13, 2009 #4

Jonathan Scott

Gold Member

I'm happy to agree that I'm sceptical about the Higgs. I have my own theory as to what gives particles mass, but it's too speculative to post here.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook