1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

To co-relate electrostatic potential difference and electric potential difference.

1. Mar 1, 2012 #1
    i am in total confusion to co-relate p.d of electrostatic and p.d of electricity. can somebody help me out?????/

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 1, 2012 #2

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: to co-relate electrostatic potential difference and electric potential differenc

You need to put a bit more thought into your post. What do you mean by "co-relate"?

4. Mar 1, 2012 #3
    Re: to co-relate electrostatic potential difference and electric potential differenc

I don't think "electrostatic potential difference" is a useful term. I suppose it means the same thing as electric potential difference as long as you are working with an electrostatic system. Electrostatic means you are working in a system where there are no moving charges.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook