What is the velocity of air through a 6mm pipe at 3 bar pressure?

In summary, the conversation revolves around finding the velocity of air through an outlet in a straight pipe with a length of 0.11 meters and a diameter of 6mm. The air flows through the pipe at a pressure of 3 bar and the question is asking for the velocity at the outlet. The formula provided is v_out = [2(p_in - p_out)/airdensity + (v_in)^2]^0.5 and there is some confusion about the velocity at the inlet and at what radius. It is suggested that it may involve gas dynamics and that there could be a Mach 1 velocity at the outlet.
ganuganu
Can someone help me here i need to find the velocity through straight pipe with length 0.11meter and diameter 6mm and air flows through the pipe at a pressure of 3bar. Now i want to find the velocity of air through the outlet in m/s?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
if I understand your question right

v_out = [2(p_in - p_out)/airdensitiy + (v_in)^2]^0.5

AeroTron said:
if I understand your question right

v_out = [2(p_in - p_out)/airdensitiy + (v_in)^2]^0.5
iam using a pressure of 3bar in compressor i don't know what is the velocity at inlet.

Velocity at what radius? The air at the center of the pipe will be moving faster than the air at the circumference.

sounds like a gasdynamics. 3 bar in a compresser? Mach 1 at outlet.

What is the formula for finding velocity through a pipe?

The formula for finding velocity through a pipe is v = (Q / A), where v is the velocity, Q is the volumetric flow rate, and A is the cross-sectional area of the pipe.

How do I calculate the cross-sectional area of a pipe?

The formula for calculating the cross-sectional area of a pipe is A = π * (d/2)^2, where A is the cross-sectional area, d is the pipe diameter, and π is the mathematical constant pi (approximately 3.14).

What is the unit of measurement for velocity through a pipe?

The unit of measurement for velocity through a pipe is typically meters per second (m/s).

How does the viscosity of the fluid affect the velocity through a pipe?

The viscosity of a fluid can affect the velocity through a pipe by creating friction, which can slow down the flow of the fluid and decrease the velocity. This effect is more significant in fluids with higher viscosity, such as honey or syrup.

Can I use the same formula to find velocity through any type of pipe?

Yes, the formula for finding velocity through a pipe can be used for any type of pipe, as long as the cross-sectional area and volumetric flow rate are known. However, it is important to note that the formula assumes a smooth pipe and does not account for factors such as turbulence or irregularities in the pipe walls, which may affect the velocity.