To increase interpersonal skill

• Thread starter Jin S Zhang
  • Start date
  • Tags
    increase
In summary, you need to be comfortable with yourself and your ideas to improve your interpersonal skills.
Jin S Zhang
How can we increase our interpersonal skills?

Physics news on Phys.org
Jin S Zhang said:
How can we increase our interpersonal skills?

a) Through more interactions with people; or
b) By asking the question in the Social Science forum; or
c) I don't know, I'm an internet geek!

Not much of a philosophy topic. I'm moving this to GD.

just like anything else, by practicing

How old are you?

The answer will differ whether you're in high school, college, or workforce...

moose said:
How old are you?

Are you subtly implying that there's no hope for us grad students?

Because if so, then you would probably be correct! :rofl:

step one: talk to real people instead of faceless internet personas

If you attach another mouth or two and add a few extra ears you could increase your interpersonal skills.

But to improve your interpersonal skills on the other hand...

slugcountry said:
step one: talk to real people instead of faceless internet personas

Some of us happen to have faces, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

(It's still a face, even though its on a fry container...)

moose said:
How old are you?

I disagree.

I'm 24 and I get along with everyone from high school to the older workforce. From druggies to goodie two shoes.

To improve social skills and have really good social skills, you need more than just practice. You need to be comfortable with yourself and all kinds of other stuff. It's way more complicated than just plain old practice. I see a lot of social people and they suck ass at communicating and are plain old boring. Just because you talk to people everyday, does not mean you'll learn the most effective way of doing things. It takes a lot more work than that. Just like playing hockey, you need to train off the ice, eat healthy and do all kinds of other things to get better at the game. It's not just as simple as playing hockey when there is a game.

hai
first have confidence in you.
i think this will take you to a higher position.
be clear in your ideas.
think before you take any decision...
wish you to have more success...

1. How can I improve my communication skills?

Improving communication skills can be done by actively listening to others, practicing clear and concise speaking, and being aware of nonverbal cues. It is also helpful to seek feedback and actively work on areas of improvement.

2. What are some ways to enhance my empathy?

Developing empathy can be achieved by putting yourself in someone else's shoes, actively trying to understand their perspective, and showing genuine concern and care for others.

3. How can I better manage conflicts in interpersonal relationships?

Conflicts can be managed by actively listening to the other person's perspective, refraining from personal attacks, and finding a compromise or solution that works for both parties.

4. What role does emotional intelligence play in interpersonal skills?

Emotional intelligence is crucial in interpersonal skills as it involves the ability to understand and manage one's own emotions, as well as the emotions of others. This can greatly impact the effectiveness of communication and relationships.

5. Are there any specific techniques or exercises to improve interpersonal skills?

Some techniques to improve interpersonal skills include role-playing scenarios, actively seeking feedback, and practicing assertiveness and empathy in various situations. It is also important to continuously reflect on and work on improving one's communication and emotional intelligence.