To: The Terrorists

kyleb
Yeah, intention is what you have when you drop the bombs and consequences are what you try to deny responsibility for that after the fact.

Seriously, why hasn't this thread been locked?

Yonoz said:
There is a difference between intention and consequences.
Yes, you are right in that respect for most things. However, in pretty much every war the number of civilian casualties is equal or greater than soldier casualties. I doubt that those who plan and execute war are unaware of this. Intentionally targeting civilians and targeting military targets knowing that civilian casualties will result as well is pretty much the same in my book. I'm not saying that it's wrong to target military targets (nor am I saying it's right either). I'm only saying that the end result is the same. We can argue the morality of such action in the philosphy forums.

Back to the actual OP (this thread has gotten way off topic), what would I say to any terrorist?

First, you need to define a terrorist (and no, not the dictionary term). Terrorists seek to terrorize, dehumanize, and eradicate. So I tell them:

The only thing you can do to me is imprison me, kill me, cut off my limbs, torture me, try to frighten me, or treat me as if you think I am less than an animal.
Even if you kill me I am free in my mind.
Even if you kill me the consequences f my actions in life live on, and in some small manner, so do I.
Even if you cut off my limbs, I will still run through fields in my mind and hold my family in the arms in my mind.
Even if you torture me, I will go to place in my mind where there is no pain.
Even if you try to frighten me, I will not give in to the terror you seek to inspire.
Even if you try to treat me as if you think I am less than an animal, I am and always will be human, regardless of your attempts to make me otherwise.

That being said, for me, no one is a terrorist unless I allow them to terrorize, dehumanize, and eradicate.

I could say somenthing like this:

You can train our military to torture kidnap and murder, you can sabotage our democraticaly elected goverments, you can kidnap and control our media, you can punish us for not aplying your economics reforms, you can control our politicians, you can steal our resources, you can polute our rivers, you can invade my country but each time you do that, you are forcing us to adopt more and more extreme and violent meassures, until one day we will be corneded with no choices, then you will cry and ask, why do they hate us???

Last edited:
slugcountry
Evo said:
No, the reason that particular thread was locked is stated in the thread, if you had bothered to read it, it was basically a repetition of another thread on the same topic.
I suppose if this thread were named: "To: The American Terrorists" it would be locked too.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The thing to realize is that Americans support this sort of thing when they are told and believe that we [the US] are saving other people from evil dictators. You can be sure that with extremely rare exceptions, our soldiers join up believing that the war is just - be is so or not. They do not desire to kill innocent people.

On the other hand, many of us [with increasing numbers] completely reject many of Bush's policies. We know that it was a huge mistake to attack Iraq as we did.

IMO, and many would agree, the Bush administration and their policies go against everything that we wish ourselves to be as a nation.

But now we are stuck. As United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan said this week: “...the US has found itself in the position where it cannot stay and it cannot leave.”

Thank you Mr. Bush.

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This is the danger of voting in people on single policies or promises. However it is happening all over the democratic world. You get MP's and some leaders appealing to a fanatical minority by pledging one thing they want to hear and they take power, and of course things go wrong because they're not prepared for the other responsibilities of power. Hopefully people will see the errors in this current trend of voting and the intellectual voter will win through.

Although from what I have seen the general public are very quick to jump on a band wagon at the minute with little or no knowledge of what they're for or against.

jiriya
Islam is not a terrorist way of life -
islam is the truth.
People think that Islam is something new that was made up for political purposes(as do people thnk also for christianity).
Well islam is not like that.

Terrorism is rejected in Islam.
In The Islam- Killing one person is the same as killing the whole of mankind.

Murderers are of the worst on the Day Of Judgement (the people of Bloodshed)
Islam is peace.

And to all who think that iraq people or any muslim is a terrorist .
You ever heard of self defence?

I mean you look it this way.
If you were american, and the british starting bombing your country , slaughtering your people, stealing your resources (say usa had oil ). wat wud u do??

watch them kill your family infront of you like the current U.S trops are doing in iraq??

And then you would get called terrorists for defending your own people and resourceS?

Thats not logic people!

wake up!

USA are the biggest terrorist in thsi world!

They set up 9/11(yes september 11) in order to get justification to invade iraq and '' remove saddam hussein'' yet it was for the oil because saddam is long gone now , yet they are still in iraq, for what purpose?? three letters people!

Oil

Islam is what Jesus teached.
But What does the word of Islam mean?

Islam means to submit to the one god , and someone who does this is called a Muslim.
So 'Anything or Anyone' who follows god and believes in one god and submits to him and fears him(i.e is just and kind etc) is a Muslim!'

So a muslim isn't something new !

Abraham, Moses, Jacob and all of the messengers of God were muslim!(they submitted to the one god , i.e practicing ISlam hence they are Muslims!)

And as for those people who dno't believe in God . There is proof of the existence of God.

the Quran!

*********************************************************************************************************

Do not believe what you watch on T.V or the media. Its all a lie !

The us set up september 11 ! so get that
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=-5946593973848835726&q=loose [Broken]

thanks!

Thanks!

IN

Last edited by a moderator:
jiriya
Muslims do not suppor the killing of people-

People just believe what they see on the Media.

When the Prophet Muhamad(Peace be upon him) went to battle - he told us to nto :
-Chop a tree
-to not kill the farm people
-to not kill the women
-to not kill the children
-to not kill the people of the church(I.e Christians)
-do not damage the land

So this (hopefully) clears up your idea of Islam being a terrorst nation of peopel(which is totally false and against islamic teachings!!!!)

thanks

jiriya
Muslims do not support the killing of people-

People just believe what they see on the Media which is all lies in order for us to hate the muslims so people can forget that USA and Britain are invading their lands and stealing their oil (at the same time slaughtering the people like dogs!)

But islam is a peaceful way of life.

When the Prophet Muhamad(Peace be upon him) went to battle - he told us to not :
-Chop a tree on enemy lands
-to not kill the farm people or ' harvesting people'
-to not kill the women
-to not kill the children
-to not kill the people of the church(I.e Christians)
-to not damage the land

So this (hopefully) clears up your idea of Islam being a terrorst nation of peopel(which is totally false and against islamic teachings!!!!)

thanks

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Well, I'd say this one has gone on long enough, yes?

- Warren