To what are we entitled and why?

• News
  • Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of entitlement and whether individuals are entitled to certain rights or privileges. Some argue that rights must be earned through sacrifice, while others believe that everyone is entitled to basic human rights regardless of their actions. The conversation also touches on the American attitude of entitlement and the sacrifices made to protect and preserve these rights.

russ_watters said:
This thread is 3 years old...

... and you don't feel necrophiles are deserving of help?

For the record,
68% of necrophiles are motivated by the desire for an unrejecting and unresisting partner.
21% long for a reunion with long lost companions.
15% are sexually attracted to the dead.
15% are trying to overcome feelings of isolation.
12% desire a remedy for low self-esteem by exerting power over the dead.

Note: Some necrophiles are motivated by more than one thing, resulting in a total greater than 100%.

The ethics are debatable. Some would argue that all rights cease once a person dies, just as a person has no rights until they're born. Others consider it a serious insult to the dead. Necrophilia is illegal in 19 states, ranging from being a minor dismeanor to being a felony.

Physics news on Phys.org

well, if necrophiles means what i think it means, iguess..out of all the possible examples, whyd you pick that one?

thomasxc said:
well, if necrophiles means what i think it means, iguess..out of all the possible examples, whyd you pick that one?

It does mean what you think it means.

I believe he picked it because this is a dead thread (it died 3 years ago ).

ah. well, it looks to me like it just came back to life...