1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

To Whom It May Concern

1. Jul 8, 2007 #1
    To Whom It May Concern:

(The time you finish this article less than you wait for an elevator. Please read it.)

How many people can have dream? I don’t know, but I believe it is an important stuff, the power and motivation for the whole-life struggle. Sometime your dream will be threatened with the reality, then you should make a choice – go ahead or take a rest. I am a 27 years ago guy. Most of the books I read and most of the choices I taken are for my ideal. My dream is to explore a new area of applied physics and be the pioneer of that field. I would have my innovation, my product and my company. This is my dream.

I grow up from a wealthy city, Hong Kong, which economy mainly comes from the financial and trading businesses. My talent seems not match with this environment. Comparing the research environment among different countries, America not only has wealth of talents, but also she has a better system, which allows people pursuing their dream. I am not going to ask for a better living-standard, indeed I am going to do what I interest. In my MPhil degree, which is a study of corrosion and erosion of metals, I have devoted myself and published seven articles to the international journals. For the future, I would like to spend my time on one of the topics of: room-temperature superconductor, spintronics or quantum computation.

I can not tell anyone where is my destination, but I can point out the direction. I should involve my future into the most-advanced technology. I should have my amazing innovation, which shocks to everyone (in positive ways). I should get into the environment which is a tank of talents, chances and knowledge. Here I am asking for a PhD/postgraduate position.

Please give me a chance, and I will return you a promised lottery. It is worth spending money on this lottery than on the war!

Best Regards,
    Will.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 8, 2007 #2

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi Will,
    I am not sure exactly what you are seeking with this thread, but I have moved it under "Academic and Career Advice" because it seemed to fit better under this section. This is the cover letter for your resume, I assume?
    Best,
    MIH

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?